United’s Celebrating 90 Years By Giving Away 90,000 Miles to 90 People
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Good news! United has confirmed that this giveaway is authentic and not a phishing attempt. Hooray!
United Airlines is turning 90 this month, and it’s celebrating in a big way. The airline is giving away 90,000 miles to 90 people through the United Airlines at 90 Sweepstakes. To enter the contest, you’ll need to provide your name, email address and MileagePlus number at the giveaway site by 11:59pm ET on April 25, 2016. If you’re one of the 90 winners, you’ll receive an email from United around April 27.
Even if you aren’t one of the lucky 90, there are still plenty of ways to earn United miles quickly. You can sign up for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, where you’ll earn 40,000 miles after spending $2,000 within three months of account opening. Or, take a look at the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, which currently offers 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 within the first three months of opening an account. Ultimate Rewards points provide great value, especially when transferred to MileagePlus.
Thanks to TPG reader Matt H., who shared this news tip by emailing email@example.com. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.