United’s Celebrating 90 Years By Giving Away 90,000 Miles to 90 People
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Good news! United has confirmed that this giveaway is authentic and not a phishing attempt. Hooray!
United Airlines is turning 90 this month, and it’s celebrating in a big way. The airline is giving away 90,000 miles to 90 people through the United Airlines at 90 Sweepstakes. To enter the contest, you’ll need to provide your name, email address and MileagePlus number at the giveaway site by 11:59pm ET on April 25, 2016. If you’re one of the 90 winners, you’ll receive an email from United around April 27.
Even if you aren’t one of the lucky 90, there are still plenty of ways to earn United miles quickly. You can sign up for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, where you’ll earn 40,000 miles after spending $2,000 within three months of account opening. Or, take a look at the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, which currently offers 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 within the first three months of opening an account. Ultimate Rewards points provide great value, especially when transferred to MileagePlus.
Thanks to TPG reader Matt H., who shared this news tip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees