This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: The 100k offer has ended. View the current offer for the British Airways Visa here.
One of the highest sign-up bonuses in the travel credit card world is back – the British Airways Visa just launched a new sign-up bonus offer of 100,000 Avios. That’s double the usual 50,000 bonus they’ve been offering for the past several months since last year’s 100,000-mile bonus promotion ended, however to get the full bonus you’ll have to spend at least $20,000. (This is becoming a major theme of new card offers).
The terms are the same as when this offer came around last time:
- You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- 25,000 bonus Avios after $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening.
- Plus an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you make an additional $10,000 in purchases also within the first year of account opening.
Additional card features and fees:
–Smart Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip-based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
– 1.25 Avios points for every dollar spent on the card
– 2.5 Avios points per dollar spent on British Airways travel
– No foreign transaction fees
– Companion certificate after $30,000 in spend. This companion ticket allows a second miles redemption for free. So if you use 100,000 Avios points for a business class ticket from Los Angeles to London, the second business class ticket costs 0 miles (you only pay taxes). A huge value if used properly.
– $95 annual fee
We haven’t seen a public offer this high on the card in a while, so if you’ve been waiting to get in on it, now is your chance. For more information on the card as well as how to maximize your Avios, check out my Maximizing British Airways Series whose posts include:
my new Maximizing British Airways Avios series. Other posts include:
–Master FAQ Post on British Airways 100,000 Mile Offer
–Spotlight on Taxes and Fees
–Travel Together Companion Ticket
–Using Avios to Upgrade Paid Tickets
–The Avios and Cash Option
–Using Avios For Non-Flight Redemptions
–Save Money on Taxes and Fuel Surcharges by Transferring Avios to Iberia
–Using British Airways Avios on Aer Lingus to Avoid Taxes and Fees