This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to Spider Man, Minions, Seuss Land and more, there are dozens of rides across two parks at Universal Studios Florida and we want to know your favorites! What are your Universal Studios Florida must-ride attractions?
We are in the final countdown until our first family trip to Universal Studios Florida. My third grader is a huge fan of Harry Potter, so watching her see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter come to life at Universal Studios is something I am very much looking forward to experiencing with her.
While we have lots of trips to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando under our belts, Universal is relatively new territory for us. My impressions of the Universal Studios theme parks is that they are better geared towards tweens and teens, so up until recently we haven’t had a child in what I think to be the ideal Universal Studios age-range.
I have the Disney portion of trip outlined basically down to the minute with dining reservations, FastPass Plus times for attractions, character meet and greets, and more. What I would love help with is learning about your must-ride attractions at Universal Studios Orlando. Thanks to one of this year’s Daily Getaways Deals, we will be staying at a hotel that includes Express Passes. We have one eight-year-old who is plenty tall for any ride and an almost-three-year-old who is right at 40 inches tall in her tallest shoes…I hope.
We will for sure be doing everything Harry Potter related at both parks, but beyond that we are very open. When I asked for some Universal Studios attraction suggestions on Twitter, some popular suggestions were:
- The Hogwarts Express
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Flight of the Hippogrif
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls (if you want to get wet)
- Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Seuss Landing
- Revenge of the Mummy
I’d love to not only hear about your favorite Universal Florida must-experience attractions and tips, but I’d also enjoying hearing things you may have questions about at Universal Studios since we will be documenting and sharing as much of our journey as possible once we get back home so others can use our learning to make their trips even better.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees