AvGeek video: Come behind the scenes with Turkish Airlines’ flying chefs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG’s AvGeek video series, Airplane Mode, is back with a vengeance!
The series takes you behind the scenes of some of the world’s most incredible aviation experiences, from posh terminals and fancy cabins to test facilities and hangars. TPG is able to secure special access to show you the things you’ve never seen before.
In this episode, the first of a new series of exciting videos, I travel to Istanbul to give you a behind-the-scenes look at Turkish Airlines’ renowned kitchen. Two of the airline’s famous flying chefs share the inspiration behind their bespoke meals as they walk me through Istanbul’s storied bazaars along the Bosporus.
After that, I am whisked off to go inside the on-site kitchen at Istanbul Airport, where I’m put to the test on the factory conveyor belts as I get a chance to cook and prepare meals to be loaded onto aircraft headed all around the world on Turkish Airlines’ huge flight network.
Want more TPG news sent straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
The experience continues on board. I finish the trip by tossing my apron and hopping on a flight from Istanbul to New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to try out some of the finest food Turkish Airlines has to offer alongside other passengers.
Watch the whole video here:
Featured photo of a Turkish Airlines Boeing 777-300 landing at London’s Heathrow Airport by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees