This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever flown Norwegian, you’ve probably been presented with numerous opportunities to donate to UNICEF — from the booking website to the in-flight entertainment system, the airline’s desire to further humanitarian aid efforts is clear.
In addition to collecting donations during flights, the carrier also partners with UNICEF on an annual “fill-a-plane” campaign — as I’ve heard several employees proudly state, it’s Norwegian’s “most important flight of the year.”
Following a successful mission to Djibouti in 2017, on board a 787-9 Dreamliner, this year’s destination of choice is Chad, a landlocked country smack dab in the middle of Africa. The airline needs your help accomplishing its funding goal, however, and it’s offering up a pretty fantastic giveaway to help sweeten the deal.
As outlined in a video interview with TPG, Norwegian is offering five pairs of round-trip Premium-class tickets. You’ll need to enter before midnight on October 10 in order to qualify. Head to UNICEF’s site for details on how to enter.
As UNICEF USA CEO Caryl Stern states in TPG‘s interview above, more than half of Chad’s population is under the age of 18, making the country’s citizens especially important to the organization’s mission. As she explains, “there are about two-and-a-half million kids in the country who are in dire need of support right now.”
Norwegian’s mission to Chad is taking place next week on board a brand-new Boeing 737 MAX in UNICEF livery, and I’ll be coming along. We’ll be loading up the plane’s cargo compartment and the cabin itself with critical aid, ranging from classroom supplies to water purification tablets.
TPG has made a $10,000 donation to UNICEF’s fill-a-plane campaign, but there’s far more fundraising to be done. And that’s where you come in — while there’s no requirement to donate in order to enter the giveaway, it’s certainly encouraged. Head over to UNICEF’s site for details on how to win, and an opportunity to donate — yes, using your points-earning credit card!
Featured image of last year’s mission to Djibouti by Angelina Aucello.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees