TPG Lemonade session: British Airways Avios
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Life has given us all a few (or perhaps a lot of) lemons over the last couple of weeks. The entire TPG staff has been hard at work not only reporting everything you need to know about COVID-19 but also thinking about how we can take those lemons and turn them into lemonade for you, our readers.
This led us to develop our new #TPGLemonade sessions: a series of 15-minute overview trainings on one loyalty program at a time.
Today’s session covers the British Airways Avios.
- 1:25 – How to earn Avios
- 4:10 – How to redeem Avios
- 5:40 – Distance-based pricing
- 5:54 – Priced per segment
- 6:22 – Taxes and surcharges (YQ)
- 6:57 – Redemption examples
- 13:00 – Points and cash booking
- 14:12 – Avoid having multiple airline partners
- 14:40 – Fifth-freedom routes
Follow on reading:
Featured image by Getty Images/Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.