This Cruise Will Knock 56 UNESCO Sites off Your Bucket List
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you every wanted to conquer your bucket list all in one go? Maybe you’re even willing to take about a third of a year off to get it done? If that sounds like you, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is planning a 117-day excursion that might be right up your
alley canal. It’s a subtle 33,500-nautical mile trek.
The ship, called the Seven Seas Mariner, is set to sail in January of 2021. It’ll take only 700 passengers across the globe, covering the bases of six continents, 30 countries and exactly 56 highly attributed UNESCO World Heritage sites (think: The Great Barrier Reef, Machu Picchu and Easter Island).
Jason Montague, the cruise line’s president and CEO, went in depth about some of the many destinations. “On this 2021 voyage, guests can visit 56 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in ports like Colombo, Sri Lanka, Jerusalem, Israel and Limassol, Cyprus, and each night return to their spacious and luxurious suite and enjoy personalized service on board. What’s more, we feature 11 overnight stays in some of the world’s premier destinations so world cruisers feel fully immersed in these ports of call,” he explained.
Starting in Miami, the ship will cruise in the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal and hug the west coast of South America. From there, it’s set to sail west along the Pacific Ocean, border Australia and continue up to make its way along the coasts of Asia and Europe.
It seems that every single unique day of the cruise has been intentionally catered to entertain guests and allow them to explore as much as possible. “We thoughtfully design world cruise itineraries to bring guests to sites they desire to explore, ranging from iconic destinations to the hidden gems that can only be accommodated on a cruise of this length,” Montague said.
Fares for the extended excursion begin at around $62,000. Although steep, the price is highly inclusive. It covers First Class airfare to Miami (where the ship sails from) with transfers between the airport and ship, a pre-cruise gala with a one-night stay in Miami, unlimited beverages, gratuities and more.
Surprisingly, this ship that essentially requires you to drop everything for almost four months is not even close to the longest continuous cruise in the world. The title is held by Viking Cruises’ ship, the Viking Sun, which sails for a whopping eight consecutive months.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Featured image byManfred Segerer/ullstein bild via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.