This Cruise Will Knock 56 UNESCO Sites off Your Bucket List
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you every wanted to conquer your bucket list all in one go? Maybe you’re even willing to take about a third of a year off to get it done? If that sounds like you, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is planning a 117-day excursion that might be right up your
alley canal. It’s a subtle 33,500-nautical mile trek.
The ship, called the Seven Seas Mariner, is set to sail in January of 2021. It’ll take only 700 passengers across the globe, covering the bases of six continents, 30 countries and exactly 56 highly attributed UNESCO World Heritage sites (think: The Great Barrier Reef, Machu Picchu and Easter Island).
Jason Montague, the cruise line’s president and CEO, went in depth about some of the many destinations. “On this 2021 voyage, guests can visit 56 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in ports like Colombo, Sri Lanka, Jerusalem, Israel and Limassol, Cyprus, and each night return to their spacious and luxurious suite and enjoy personalized service on board. What’s more, we feature 11 overnight stays in some of the world’s premier destinations so world cruisers feel fully immersed in these ports of call,” he explained.
Starting in Miami, the ship will cruise in the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal and hug the west coast of South America. From there, it’s set to sail west along the Pacific Ocean, border Australia and continue up to make its way along the coasts of Asia and Europe.
It seems that every single unique day of the cruise has been intentionally catered to entertain guests and allow them to explore as much as possible. “We thoughtfully design world cruise itineraries to bring guests to sites they desire to explore, ranging from iconic destinations to the hidden gems that can only be accommodated on a cruise of this length,” Montague said.
Fares for the extended excursion begin at around $62,000. Although steep, the price is highly inclusive. It covers First Class airfare to Miami (where the ship sails from) with transfers between the airport and ship, a pre-cruise gala with a one-night stay in Miami, unlimited beverages, gratuities and more.
Surprisingly, this ship that essentially requires you to drop everything for almost four months is not even close to the longest continuous cruise in the world. The title is held by Viking Cruises’ ship, the Viking Sun, which sails for a whopping eight consecutive months.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Featured image byManfred Segerer/ullstein bild via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees