This Coastal California City Will Pay You $100 to Visit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of an annual promotion, the city of San Luis Obispo, California will be paying the first 500 winter visitors $100 dollars cash to stop in.
San Luis Obispo is a central coastal city located north of Los Angeles. With warm weather pretty much year round, it’s a good spot for those sick of the cold to visit without leaving the country. With nestled between Big Sur and the Los Padres National Forest, San Luis Obispo boasts scenic beaches and hikes among many other indoor and outdoor activities.
Also, while you’re there, make sure to check out the famously nasty (and oddly Instagrammable) Bubblegum Alley.
In order to qualify for the promotion, applicants must book a two-night stay in any San Luis Obispo hotel through the city website (which includes some hotels in which you can use your hotel rewards points) then forward their confirmation to email@example.com. Lastly, after checking into your hotel of choice, bring the promotion confirmation letter, lodging confirmation and your hotel room key to the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center. If you’re one of the first 500 to book your stay — you’ll receive your $100. Booking dates are from January to March 2019
Featured image via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees