This Coastal California City Will Pay You $100 to Visit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of an annual promotion, the city of San Luis Obispo, California will be paying the first 500 winter visitors $100 dollars cash to stop in.
San Luis Obispo is a central coastal city located north of Los Angeles. With warm weather pretty much year round, it’s a good spot for those sick of the cold to visit without leaving the country. With nestled between Big Sur and the Los Padres National Forest, San Luis Obispo boasts scenic beaches and hikes among many other indoor and outdoor activities.
Also, while you’re there, make sure to check out the famously nasty (and oddly Instagrammable) Bubblegum Alley.
In order to qualify for the promotion, applicants must book a two-night stay in any San Luis Obispo hotel through the city website (which includes some hotels in which you can use your hotel rewards points) then forward their confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lastly, after checking into your hotel of choice, bring the promotion confirmation letter, lodging confirmation and your hotel room key to the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center. If you’re one of the first 500 to book your stay — you’ll receive your $100. Booking dates are from January to March 2019
Featured image via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.