You and 9 Friends Could Rent This Norwegian Island for $350 Per Person
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It may only be for a week, but it’ll be a really scenic week.
If you’ve got nine other friends who would be up for an unforgettable Arctic adventure, there’s an island called Fordypningsrommet, in the Fleinvær archipelago of Norway, waiting for you. For $3,500 a week, you could have the entire thing to yourself. Some quick math: That’s $350 per person, if you bring along enough people to fill the accommodations to a comfortable capacity. (On a tighter budget? You could fit 15 of your closest friends on the island, if you really wanted to get cozy.)
The island, called, has a collection of 10 structures on it, including cottages for sleeping, a bath house and a dining hall for cooking and eating, among others. In true Nordic style, there’s obviously an oceanside sauna.
The striking structures were built by a group of architects who won an Architizer 2018 A+Awards for the project, according to. The island has been open since 2017, but recent rave reviews on TripAdvisor have put it on the map for enthusiasts of far-flung destinations.
And this one is out there: To get to Fleinvær, you’ll have to take a public ferry or private boat from Bodø, a three-hour flighth from Oslo. From your remote cabin on the island, you’ll be able to spot the Lofoten Islands.
Though Fordypningsrommet is isolated, you and your fellow adventurers won’t be totally alone. Guests are joined on the island by a number of hosts who help prepare meals, give directions on how to use the sauna and aid with other care-taking tasks on the island. You won’t need to pay an extra fee for this service when booking between the summer months of June and August, but it will be an added cost when staying any other time of year.
Though The Arctic Hideaway warns travelers that in November and December especially, boat transfers can be difficult and may cause delays, a wintertime visit (when the weather is right) is best for travelers seeking the elusive Northern Lights.
It is possible to book a single bed during the summertime, if your vacation prerogative is to book a Scandinavian solo adventure. And if you’re an artist, you’re in luck: The Arctic Hideaway also offers six one-week artist residencies every year. To be considered, you must apply via mail and explain your work. If chosen, you will have to present the work created during your stay to an audience.
But if you’re looking to experience the island any other time of year without producing any masterpieces, start corralling those friends.
For more information about the experience and how to book your stay, head to The Arctic Hideaway‘s website.
Feature image courtesy of The Arctic Hideaway.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees