Final days to donate $10 to charity for a chance to win a million Avios
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Click here for official sweepstakes rules
Time’s running out to donate to our biggest-ever charity campaign.
We’ve teamed up with the British Airways, Iberia and Aer Lingus credit cards from Chase in support of Comic Relief US, an organization dedicated to ending poverty and injustice around the world. Ten lucky donors will each take home a grand prize of one million Avios — and all you need to do for a chance to win is donate at least $10.
However, the deadline to enter the sweepstakes is tomorrow — Sunday, Jan. 30 — at 11:59 p.m. EST. In other words, you have less than 48 hours to donate if you want a chance to win.
Since it was founded, Comic Relief US has raised over $330 million and positively impacted over 25 million people around the world, supporting programs that address both the symptoms and root causes of poverty and injustice. Comic Relief US harnesses the power of entertainment to drive positive change. Campaigns include Red Nose Day, Idol Gives Back, and Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief.
By helping us raise money to support the work of Comic Relief US between now and Jan. 30, you’ll not only be helping further the organization’s mission. As noted above, a donation of $10 or more will enter you into a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of ten grand prizes: a million Avios (for each of the ten winners). Avios are incredibly versatile thanks to the airlines’ distance-based award charts, and here’s just a snapshot of what you could book with a million of them:
- 250 one-way, short-haul flights on British Airways or Iberia (covering less than 651 miles in distance)
- 111 one-way, economy-class flights on American Airlines (covering less than 1,151 miles in distance)
- 29 one-way, business-class flights on Iberia from the Northeast U.S. to Madrid on off-peak dates
In addition to sweepstakes entries, donating higher amounts may make you eligible to receive additional rewards — including a TPG sweatshirt, passport holder, a virtual points-and-miles consultation with TPG’s founder and CEO Brian Kelly, and more!
Don’t miss out on a chance to win a million Avios (and support a worthy cause) as part of our biggest charity sweepstakes ever. Donate now before it’s too late!
Featured photo of British Airways first class by Ethan Steinberg/The Points Guy
Click here to donate
Click here for official sweepstakes rules
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. NEITHER A PURCHASE NOR DONATION WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: Comic Relief Inc., a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization, 28 Liberty Street, 35th Floor, New York, NY 10005.
Beneficiary: Comic Relief Inc., a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization
Administrator: Prizeo US, LLC
Start Date: 10/18/2021 06:00:00 PST
End Date: 01/30/2022 23:59:00 PST
Drawing Date: 01/31/2022 PST
Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to US persons who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry. Entrants under the age of eighteen (18) years (or the majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence) must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter and/or win.. See Official Rules and the Terms of Service for complete terms and requirements, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Grand Prize Details: Ten (10) winners of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Winner(s)”) will receive: (i) one million (1,000,000) “Avios” points, deposited directly into Sweepstakes Winner(s)’s new or existing Avios member account (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,000, based on JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.’s point value estimate for this sweepstakes). One (1) Sweepstakes Winner, randomly selected from among all eligible Sweepstakes Winners, will also receive a virtual one-on-one strategy session with “The Points Guy” Brian Kelly (ARV: $1,000); (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Prize”).
Taxes and Fees: Any and all federal, state, and/or local tax liabilities which may arise as a result of acceptance of all or any portion of the Bonus Drawing Prize, as well as any other fees, costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, are the sole responsibility of the Bonus Drawing Winner. The amounts(s) discussed above will be reportable to the IRS on an IRS Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Information). The Bonus Drawing Winner will be required to have a valid taxpayer identification number and to complete an IRS Form W-9. The Bonus Drawing Winner may disclaim Bonus Drawing Prize in its entirety and incur no tax liability, in which case Administrator will randomly select an alternate Bonus Drawing Winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
How To Enter: To enter by donating, visit https://www.prizeo.com/thepointsguy (the “Sweepstakes Website”) prior to the Sweepstakes End Date and donate to the Sponsor’s campaign to receive the number of entries stated on the Sweepstakes Website prior to finalizing your donation. All donations are final and nonrefundable. To enter without donating, visit the Sweepstakes Website and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online entry form (“Form”). Limit: One (1) prize per person for the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees