Norwegian Will Pay for Your Flight to Its Alaskan Cruise
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been toying with the idea of taking an Alaskan cruise, Friday is the time to finally book it.
Norwegian Cruise Line is offering passengers free and reduced price round-trip flights to Seattle (SEA) for customers who book an Alaskan cruise on board the Norwegian Joy ship, which departs from the Emerald City.
The offer for free or reduced airfare is only available for cruises booked on Friday, September 14, Norwegian said.
— Cruise Norwegian (@CruiseNorwegian) September 14, 2018
Customers who book a reservation for at least a balcony room or above on board the Norwegian Joy will be eligible for a free or reduced round-trip flight in economy for two travelers from 130 departure airports around the US and Canada. Airfares range from $0 to $499 depending on the departure airport and room type booked. So make sure to take a look at Norwegian’s airfare pricing chart for the offer before you book. Also be sure to read the terms and conditions before purchasing.
The offer chart shows round-trip flights for cruise-goers booking at least balcony room (e.g., the cheapest room option) can fly to/from SEA completely free from nine West Coast airports: Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Portland, Oregon (PDX), Boise, ID (BOI), Eugene, Oregon (EUG), Salt Lake City (SLC), Medford, Oregon (MFR), Spokane, Washington (GEG) or San Francisco (SFO).
The promotional chart shows other airfare prices from eligible airports for the balcony rooms clocking in at $199, $299, $399 and $499.
Passengers who book the second-cheapest room option, the mini-suite, have the option to fly round-trip to SEA from 15 additional airports: Billings, Montana (BIL), Burbank, California (BUR), Chicago (ORD), Denver (DEN), Edmonton, Canada (YEG), Calgary/Banff, Canada (YYC), Fresno, California (FAT), Great Falls, Montana (GTF), Oakland (OAK), Orange County (SNA), Ontario, Canada (ONT), Phoenix (PHX), Reno (RNO), Sacramento (SMF) or San Diego (SAN).
Booking a mini-suite room level also has the option for round-trip airfare for as low as $99 from several airports, with some flights still carrying a price tag of $199 or $299. Customers who book a concierge- or haven-level room have the free airfare automatically included from the eligible airports.
Reservations for the seven-day cruise itineraries are available from April to September 2019.
Before the Norwegian Joy docks in Seattle, the ship is undergoing a $50 million renovation, which will upgrade the cruise-liner’s designs and amenities, Cruise Industry News reports. The Joy was previously operating cruise routes in China, but now will serve itineraries featuring port stops in Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Holkham Bay and Icy Strait Point, Norwegian says.
Featured image by Norwegian Cruise Line.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees