This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been toying with the idea of taking an Alaskan cruise, Friday is the time to finally book it.
Norwegian Cruise Line is offering passengers free and reduced price round-trip flights to Seattle (SEA) for customers who book an Alaskan cruise on board the Norwegian Joy ship, which departs from the Emerald City.
The offer for free or reduced airfare is only available for cruises booked on Friday, September 14, Norwegian said.
— Cruise Norwegian (@CruiseNorwegian) September 14, 2018
Customers who book a reservation for at least a balcony room or above on board the Norwegian Joy will be eligible for a free or reduced round-trip flight in economy for two travelers from 130 departure airports around the US and Canada. Airfares range from $0 to $499 depending on the departure airport and room type booked. So make sure to take a look at Norwegian’s airfare pricing chart for the offer before you book. Also be sure to read the terms and conditions before purchasing.
The offer chart shows round-trip flights for cruise-goers booking at least balcony room (e.g., the cheapest room option) can fly to/from SEA completely free from nine West Coast airports: Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Portland, Oregon (PDX), Boise, ID (BOI), Eugene, Oregon (EUG), Salt Lake City (SLC), Medford, Oregon (MFR), Spokane, Washington (GEG) or San Francisco (SFO).
The promotional chart shows other airfare prices from eligible airports for the balcony rooms clocking in at $199, $299, $399 and $499.
Passengers who book the second-cheapest room option, the mini-suite, have the option to fly round-trip to SEA from 15 additional airports: Billings, Montana (BIL), Burbank, California (BUR), Chicago (ORD), Denver (DEN), Edmonton, Canada (YEG), Calgary/Banff, Canada (YYC), Fresno, California (FAT), Great Falls, Montana (GTF), Oakland (OAK), Orange County (SNA), Ontario, Canada (ONT), Phoenix (PHX), Reno (RNO), Sacramento (SMF) or San Diego (SAN).
Booking a mini-suite room level also has the option for round-trip airfare for as low as $99 from several airports, with some flights still carrying a price tag of $199 or $299. Customers who book a concierge- or haven-level room have the free airfare automatically included from the eligible airports.
Reservations for the seven-day cruise itineraries are available from April to September 2019.
Before the Norwegian Joy docks in Seattle, the ship is undergoing a $50 million renovation, which will upgrade the cruise-liner’s designs and amenities, Cruise Industry News reports. The Joy was previously operating cruise routes in China, but now will serve itineraries featuring port stops in Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Holkham Bay and Icy Strait Point, Norwegian says.
Featured image by Norwegian Cruise Line.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees