Norwegian Offering 50% Discount for Stranded Passengers With Primera Air Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One low-cost carrier is stepping up to help the scores of passengers left stranded by the sudden cease of operations by Primera Air.
In a statement released by Norwegian Air on Tuesday, the low-cost carrier announced that it’s going to offer repatriation fares to those affected by the Primera Air shutdown. The repatriation fares from Norwegian will be available on the following routes:
- London (LGW) to New York (JFK)
- Paris (ORY) to Newark (EWR)
- Paris (ORY) to New York (JFK)
- Paris (ORY) to Boston (BOS)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Chania (CHQ)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Malaga (AGP)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Gran Canaria (LPA)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Palma De Mallorca (PMI)
For passengers affected by the sudden closure of Primera, Norwegian is offering the repatriation fares for travel up to Oct. 14, 2018, subject to availability. Affected passengers can expect to find discounts of 50% compared to the standard net economy fare, excluding taxes.
In order to take advantage, customers with proof of a Primera booking or ticket must call the dedicated Norwegian hotline at +47 201 16771. According to the press release, you must have proof of a Primera booking, and documented evidence of said booking will be required at check-in.
For example, if you’re in London and looking to get to New York, one-way fares seem to hover around the $400 mark before Oct. 14. On Oct. 12, the fare totals $400, however, before taxes, it’s $242.50. So, you’ll be paying $279 with the 50% discount and full taxes — still better than paying full-fare.
On Monday, Primera Air, the low-cost carrier that jumped on the international scene last year, announced that it would be declaring bankruptcy and ceasing operations at the end of the day. Hundreds of passengers have been reportedly left stranded around the world, holding now-worthless Primera tickets. The incident serves as a solid remember to book travel with a credit card that’ll offer you protections if your airline goes under.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees