Norwegian Offering 50% Discount for Stranded Passengers With Primera Air Tickets
One low-cost carrier is stepping up to help the scores of passengers left stranded by the sudden cease of operations by Primera Air.
In a statement released by Norwegian Air on Tuesday, the low-cost carrier announced that it’s going to offer repatriation fares to those affected by the Primera Air shutdown. The repatriation fares from Norwegian will be available on the following routes:
- London (LGW) to New York (JFK)
- Paris (ORY) to Newark (EWR)
- Paris (ORY) to New York (JFK)
- Paris (ORY) to Boston (BOS)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Chania (CHQ)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Malaga (AGP)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Gran Canaria (LPA)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Palma De Mallorca (PMI)
For passengers affected by the sudden closure of Primera, Norwegian is offering the repatriation fares for travel up to Oct. 14, 2018, subject to availability. Affected passengers can expect to find discounts of 50% compared to the standard net economy fare, excluding taxes.
In order to take advantage, customers with proof of a Primera booking or ticket must call the dedicated Norwegian hotline at +47 201 16771. According to the press release, you must have proof of a Primera booking, and documented evidence of said booking will be required at check-in.
For example, if you’re in London and looking to get to New York, one-way fares seem to hover around the $400 mark before Oct. 14. On Oct. 12, the fare totals $400, however, before taxes, it’s $242.50. So, you’ll be paying $279 with the 50% discount and full taxes — still better than paying full-fare.
On Monday, Primera Air, the low-cost carrier that jumped on the international scene last year, announced that it would be declaring bankruptcy and ceasing operations at the end of the day. Hundreds of passengers have been reportedly left stranded around the world, holding now-worthless Primera tickets. The incident serves as a solid remember to book travel with a credit card that’ll offer you protections if your airline goes under.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees