Norwegian Offering 50% Discount for Stranded Passengers With Primera Air Tickets
One low-cost carrier is stepping up to help the scores of passengers left stranded by the sudden cease of operations by Primera Air.
In a statement released by Norwegian Air on Tuesday, the low-cost carrier announced that it’s going to offer repatriation fares to those affected by the Primera Air shutdown. The repatriation fares from Norwegian will be available on the following routes:
- London (LGW) to New York (JFK)
- Paris (ORY) to Newark (EWR)
- Paris (ORY) to New York (JFK)
- Paris (ORY) to Boston (BOS)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Chania (CHQ)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Malaga (AGP)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Gran Canaria (LPA)
- Copenhagen (CPH) to Palma De Mallorca (PMI)
For passengers affected by the sudden closure of Primera, Norwegian is offering the repatriation fares for travel up to Oct. 14, 2018, subject to availability. Affected passengers can expect to find discounts of 50% compared to the standard net economy fare, excluding taxes.
In order to take advantage, customers with proof of a Primera booking or ticket must call the dedicated Norwegian hotline at +47 201 16771. According to the press release, you must have proof of a Primera booking, and documented evidence of said booking will be required at check-in.
For example, if you’re in London and looking to get to New York, one-way fares seem to hover around the $400 mark before Oct. 14. On Oct. 12, the fare totals $400, however, before taxes, it’s $242.50. So, you’ll be paying $279 with the 50% discount and full taxes — still better than paying full-fare.
On Monday, Primera Air, the low-cost carrier that jumped on the international scene last year, announced that it would be declaring bankruptcy and ceasing operations at the end of the day. Hundreds of passengers have been reportedly left stranded around the world, holding now-worthless Primera tickets. The incident serves as a solid remember to book travel with a credit card that’ll offer you protections if your airline goes under.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.