Margaritaville goes ‘top shelf’ with a new high-end resort brand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you follow the hotel scene, you’re about to hear rumblings about St. Somewhere — a new boutique resort collection developed by Karisma Hotels & Resorts and the carefree Margaritaville enterprise.
The new high-end properties are being designed to appeal to both couples and families.
According to an announcement issued this week, they’ll blend the laid-back “escapist” lifestyle that’s a Margaritaville cornerstone with “yacht-inspired architecture and its own boutique luxury twist.”
What’s the difference between a traditional Margaritaville location and St. Someplace? Personalization and a more intimate experience. The destinations will also drive the ethos of the resort itself.
Isla Holbox, an island north of the Yucatan Peninsula between the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, will be home to the first St. Someplace resort, and it will open sometime this fall. The resort is situated right on Punta Coco Beach, off the coast of Quintana Roo.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“Each hotel in the new collection of boutique properties will be uniquely rooted in its destination, which will inform everything from architectural design to suite layout,” said Mario Mathieu, senior vice president of business development, design and construction at Karisma Hotels & Resorts.
St. Somewhere is the second time Karisma and Margaritaville have partnered to develop a new brand. The first was the all-inclusive Island Reserve brand, which they launched in 2020.
More than 20 hotels comprise the Margaritaville brand right now, with another 20 destination properties in the works. Margaritaville Resort Times Square opens in New York City next Friday, June 25. Earlier this year, the company also opened a property on Jacksonville Beach in Florida.
Featured rendering of St. Somewhere courtesy of Karisma Hotels & Resorts and Margaritaville
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees