Disney Announces New ‘Interactive City’ Epcot Attraction
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney announced upcoming changes to Epcot on Thursday, including a newly designed main entrance and a new play pavilion.
The still unnamed pavilion will be an interactive city — a concept that Disney says will be completely new to Epcot. The play pavilion will be located under the former Wonders of Life dome, which was more recently the Festival Center, and renderings show a colorful space with typical buildings one would find in a city, like a hotel and cinema.
“The new pavilion in development will include first-of-their-kind experiences devoted to playful fun, inviting guests into an innovative, interactive city bursting with games and hands-on activities,” Disney said in a release. “Friends and family will interact with favorite Disney characters in an energetic metropolis unlike anything ever seen before at Epcot.”
The park’s main entrance plaza will also get a few upgrades, including “new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain.”
Disney hasn’t set an opening date for the pavilion, but it said it will “debut to guests in time for the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.” The resort will celebrate its 50th anniversary throughout 2021.
Planning to visit Epcot soon? Here are some stories that may help:
- TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Disney World
- The Best Restaurants in Disney World in 2019
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World in 2018
- In the Shadow of the Mouse: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs
- Renting Disney Vacation Club Points: Saving Money at Disney
- Six Things to Know About Disney Minnie Vans
- How to Ride Every Disney World Ride in One Day
Featured image of the new main entrance courtesy Disney.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees