Disney Announces New ‘Interactive City’ Epcot Attraction
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney announced upcoming changes to Epcot on Thursday, including a newly designed main entrance and a new play pavilion.
The still unnamed pavilion will be an interactive city — a concept that Disney says will be completely new to Epcot. The play pavilion will be located under the former Wonders of Life dome, which was more recently the Festival Center, and renderings show a colorful space with typical buildings one would find in a city, like a hotel and cinema.
“The new pavilion in development will include first-of-their-kind experiences devoted to playful fun, inviting guests into an innovative, interactive city bursting with games and hands-on activities,” Disney said in a release. “Friends and family will interact with favorite Disney characters in an energetic metropolis unlike anything ever seen before at Epcot.”
The park’s main entrance plaza will also get a few upgrades, including “new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain.”
Disney hasn’t set an opening date for the pavilion, but it said it will “debut to guests in time for the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.” The resort will celebrate its 50th anniversary throughout 2021.
Planning to visit Epcot soon? Here are some stories that may help:
- TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Disney World
- The Best Restaurants in Disney World in 2019
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World in 2018
- In the Shadow of the Mouse: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs
- Renting Disney Vacation Club Points: Saving Money at Disney
- Six Things to Know About Disney Minnie Vans
- How to Ride Every Disney World Ride in One Day
Featured image of the new main entrance courtesy Disney.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.