A New Choice Hotel Brand, Clarion Pointe, Is Coming Later This Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether you travel frequently or just a few times per year, you likely have hotel brands and groups that you know and trust. I I find a lot of value in Choice, Wyndham and IHG. So, when IHG added its Avid brand, I was there shortly after it opened to review the hotel. Now, Choice is adding a new brand to its family that seems pretty exciting: Clarion Pointe.
So, what can you expect from Clarion Pointe? According to a press release from Choice, Clarion Pointe is a “midscale select-service brand extension of Clarion” that will leverage the Clarion brand’s focus on “creating environments for people to connect and socialize” while also providing:
- Contemporary design touches, including signature murals in guest rooms and the lobby that reflect local points of interest.
- Curated food and beverage, like free premium coffee and tea from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, as well as free breakfast with fresh and nutritious items. The lobby marketplace will also include craft beer, select wines, juices, smoothies and small bites for purchase.
- On-demand connectivity that lets guests stream content from their mobile devices onto 49-inch TVs with casting capabilities and free streaming-strength Wi-Fi.
- Modern fitness space featuring cardio equipment, a strength-training station, plus casting-capable TVs that enable guests to stream workouts on demand.
The first three Clarion Pointe locations will be in Medford, OR, Gatlinburg, TN, and Florence, MS. The Florence location will “be the first hotel to open later this year,” but exact opening dates haven’t been announced and none of the locations are bookable through Choice’s website yet. In total, there are currently more than 50 Clarion Pointe franchise agreements in the development pipeline.
From the press release, the Clarion Pointe brand seems like it will be a slightly more premium version of IHG’s new Avid brand that’s perhaps more comparable to a newer Aloft property. Between high-speed Wi-Fi that can support streaming, healthy food options and well-stocked gyms, I’m looking forward to trying out Clarion Pointe once the first property opens later this year.
Featured image is a mock-up of a Clarion Pointe property, courtesy of Choice Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees