LEGOLAND New York Is Recruiting Kid Reporters, Perks Include Free Annual Passes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s largest 500-acre LEGOLAND theme park, with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions geared for the younger crowd, is set to open in the spring of 2020. The LEGOLAND Resort New York, the third in the United States, will be located in the Hudson Valley region, just a little more than an hour north of the city. The other two LEGOLAND resorts in the US are located near San Diego and in Orlando, Florida.
If your kid would dig LEGOLAND and is into recording themselves and making videos (what kid isn’t these days), know that to hype up next year’s opening, LEGOLAND is looking for a team of kid reporters to cover the “First to Play” pass launch event this April. These little reporters (or online influencers in training) will film at least five videos that will be posted to LEGOLAND New York’s website and social media channels. The team will also get to attend the grand opening celebration in 2020, which means your kids will have fun and your wallet can take a break!
Kids ages 6 – 12 who live within 100 miles of Goshen, NY, can apply by posting a one-minute video to their parent or guardian’s Facebook, with the hashtag #LLNYKidReporter, explaining why they would be the perfect LEGOLAND kid reporter. Videos can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. NYC kids would meet that 100-mile criteria.
The lucky winners will receive a set of four annual passes, themed clothing for on-camera reports and a commemorative one-of-a-kind LEGO build from LEGOLAND New York Resort. Videos will be accepted until Feb. 7, and winners will be announced on Feb. 28. A full list of details can be found on their website.
If you plan on visiting LEGOLAND once it opens, make sure to check out the 250-room hotel that will be located on the resort. The hotel rooms will have four different LEGO themes to choose from — Castle, Ninjago, Pirate or LEGO Friends.
Keep your eyes peeled to TPG for a LEGOLAND hotel review next spring, and good luck to your kids if they decide to try and become one of the first to experience (and report on) LEGOLAND New York.
Photos courtesy of legoland.com.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Families love vacations and cash back on purchases, but not all families spend their money in the same categories every month. Each month, The Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card allows families to earn 3% cash back in the category of their choosing: Gas, Online Shopping, Dining, Travel, Drug Stores or Home Improvement/Furnishings (on the first $2,500 in purchases each quarter; then 1%). Now you don’t need multiple cards in your wallet to maximize rewards on your ever-changing expenses.
- No annual fee
- $200 online cash rewards bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, automatic 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases) and unlimited 1% on all other purchases
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 13.99% - 23.99% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers
- No expiration on rewards
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25% - 75% more cash back on every purchase
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.