This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt’s introduced a new way for to redeem points earned in the World of Hyatt program, and it doesn’t involve staying in a hotel at all. The FIND platform offers more than 100 experiences across the globe, from San Francisco to Miami all the way to Sydney and Beijing — all of them created around the concept of “restoring, reenergizing and self-care.”
You can pay for these experiences using Hyatt points or with cash. If you pay out of pocket, you’ll earn 10 World of Hyatt base points per dollar spent. Based on the experiences currently available, you’ll get about 1.4 cents per Hyatt point when you redeem through the FIND platform, which is a bit lower than TPG’s current 1.8-cent valuation of Hyatt points.
While the FIND platform isn’t the avenue to turn to if you’re looking to get the maximum value out of your Hyatt points, there are some not-so-everyday opportunities that could pique your interest.
Here are a few experiences you can now redeem with your Hyatt points:
Go tandem paragliding for $200 or 14,286 points per person in Daly City, California.
Learn stunts to become a true action movie star for $900 or 64,286 points per person in New York City.
Go cycling with celebrity chef Chris Cosentino for $1,000 or 71,429 points in Napa Valley.
Take a bike tour through Cambodia for 10,572 points in Siem Reap.
For more information on the platform, go to the FIND homepage, where you can sift through the types of experiences and filter by price range, group size, time range and location.
Featured image courtesy of the Park Hyatt Siem Reap.
- Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points - 40,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening - free nights start at 5,000 points
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Receive 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open and 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card