Hilton Honors members can help Hurricane Ida victims by donating points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The aftereffects of Hurricane Ida will cost nearly $95 billion, according to a report from AccuWeather. The damages stretch from Port Fourchon, Louisiana, where Ida made landfall, all the way up to Massachusetts. And Hilton has stepped up to help those affected.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Hilton has pledged to support relief organizations working on the ground, including Project Hope and Direct Relief, for those hurt by the effects of Hurricane Ida, first reported by The Gate With Brian Cohen.
The Hilton Honors Giving Back program allows members to donate their points to the charities of their choice. For every 10,000 Points you donate, Hilton will send a $25 contribution to your chosen charity. You can also choose other charities recommended by Hilton, including the American Red Cross, GlobalGiving, Habitat for Humanity and the National Coalition for the Homeless.
When members redeem their Hilton Honors points for a cash donation to Project Hope or Direct Relief, Hilton will match up to $250,000 through Oct. 2, 2021, through PointWorthy. And the Hilton Effect Foundation — created to invest in short-term relief and long-term resiliency efforts to support communities impacted by disasters — will match donations to those two organizations for up to $250,000.
Featured photo by Sean Rayford/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees