This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dream job alert: Royal Caribbean is looking to hire someone as its new Shore Explorer Apprentice-ship — a role in which one lucky traveler will get to travel the world to scout offshore “extraordinary” experiences all while receiving the equivalent of a £100,000 ($130,710 USD) salary.
The apprentice will sail aboard one of the firm’s luxury ships to a variety of destinations around the world including a glacier in Alaska, Osaka, Japan, and white water rafting in Norwegian fjords. All they have to do is post their experiences on Royal Caribbean’s Instagram, Insta-Stories and IGTV pages. The apprentice will also get an exclusive, first-time visit to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s new private island in the Caribbean.
To apply for the position, candidates must post their favorite travel photo or video via Instagram, Insta-Stories or IGTV tagging #ShoreExplorer and @RoyalCaribbeanUK. They must also be at least 21 years of age, hold a valid passport and have time to travel this year.
The winner will be determined by a panel of judges including The Vamps’ writer and guitarist, James McVey. “I’m so excited to be working with Royal Caribbean to find the perfect person for this new Apprentice-ship; someone who has a passion for travel, exploration and seeking out new and extraordinary experiences around the world,” said McVey. “And, of course, they have to be brilliant at sharing their adventure online too!”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards