Gelato University Dishes Up Italian Ice Cream Lessons
We’ve got the scoop on how to take your studies to the next level. If you’re looking to apply to a culinary school this fall— look no further than this Italian ice cream university in Bologna: Carpigiani Gelato University.
Gelato lovers from all over the world are signing up for courses in gelato-making. Located in Anzola dell’Emilia (Bologna), the Gelato University (CGU) offers courses about the frozen treat on all levels. From learning how to make gelato to firsthand experience in how to manage a business, Gelato University teaches students all they need to know about making and selling the Italian delicacy.
Instructors at the University come from all over the world and range from the world’s best pastry chefs and gelato artisans to experienced business consultants. A basic, week-long course at the university will cost students around $1,200.
Since it was founded in 2003, nearly 6,000 students per year participate in the university’s courses. At the end of the course, students will receive a certificate of participation and $1,100 voucher for a personal Carpigiani gelato machine. Courses are also offered in over 10 countries including the US, Japan and the UK.
Those interested in applying can do so through the university’s website. But for those who prefer to learn about the Italian ice cream simply by eating it, you can check out the the Gelato World Tour, which is also run by the Carpigiani Gelato University.
Featured Image by Christine Wehrmeier via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees