Gelato University Dishes Up Italian Ice Cream Lessons
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve got the scoop on how to take your studies to the next level. If you’re looking to apply to a culinary school this fall— look no further than this Italian ice cream university in Bologna: Carpigiani Gelato University.
Gelato lovers from all over the world are signing up for courses in gelato-making. Located in Anzola dell’Emilia (Bologna), the Gelato University (CGU) offers courses about the frozen treat on all levels. From learning how to make gelato to firsthand experience in how to manage a business, Gelato University teaches students all they need to know about making and selling the Italian delicacy.
Instructors at the University come from all over the world and range from the world’s best pastry chefs and gelato artisans to experienced business consultants. A basic, week-long course at the university will cost students around $1,200.
Since it was founded in 2003, nearly 6,000 students per year participate in the university’s courses. At the end of the course, students will receive a certificate of participation and $1,100 voucher for a personal Carpigiani gelato machine. Courses are also offered in over 10 countries including the US, Japan and the UK.
Those interested in applying can do so through the university’s website. But for those who prefer to learn about the Italian ice cream simply by eating it, you can check out the the Gelato World Tour, which is also run by the Carpigiani Gelato University.
Featured Image by Christine Wehrmeier via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.