This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When we launched TPG Family in July 2018, our goal was to show you how use points and miles to make family travel easier, more accessible and more enjoyable. Traveling with kids can be frustrating and exhausting at times, but TPG Family editor Summer Hull, aka Mommy Points, doesn’t want to just help you maximize your miles to take a family vacation. She also wants to make sure you’ve got the right tools for the job. That’s why we’re launching “Are We There Yet?” — a monthly YouTube series with Summer and some special guests testing out the top family travel gear.
From gear like the Trunki suitcase you see little kids riding around on in the airport to the Doona stroller that doubles as a carseat, we’ll show you how to assemble the gear and whether the product is worth the investment. All new “Are We There Yet?” episodes drop on the last Tuesday of every month, so be sure to subscribe and let us know what family travel gear you want reviewed next.
New to family travel? Here are some guides to get you started:
- The Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards for Family Travel in 2019
- Guide to Flying With Kids of Every Age
- Prepping for Your Child’s First Flight
- Best Toys to Bring On a Plane
- 10 Best Hotel Chains for Families
- Top Strollers for Travel
- 9 Things Families Should Know Before Visiting Disney World
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Families love vacations and cash back on purchases, but not all families spend their money in the same categories every month. Each month, The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card allows families to earn 3% cash back in the category of their choosing: Gas, Online Shopping, Dining, Travel, Drug Stores or Home Improvement/Furnishings. Now you don’t need multiple cards in your wallet to maximize rewards on your ever-changing expenses.
- No annual fee
- $150 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- New Offer: Maximize your cash back in the category of your choice: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement /furnishings
- Now earn 3% cash back in your choice category and 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases), and unlimited 1% on all other purchases
- You can update your choice category for future purchases once each calendar month using the Mobile banking app or Online banking, or do nothing and it stays the same.
- No expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 16.24% - 26.24% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers
- If you're a Preferred Rewards client, you can get a 25% - 75% rewards bonus on every purchase