Denver International Airport Brings Back Its Ice Skating Rink
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the third year in a row, Denver International Airport (DEN) opened its ice skating rink for travelers to enjoy. So, if you happen to be a little early for your flight this winter season, you can kick off your shoes, throw on some skates and hit the ice!
The rink is outside at the DEN Plaza, which is between the airport and The Westin. Both skating and skate rentals are completely free, so there’s no need to pack sharp skates in your carry-on! The rink will be open every day from 9am to 9pm until January 6, when the rink will be taken down. DEN tweeted about the installation yesterday, highlighting the first two skaters of the season: Ashlen and Chris from Boise, Idaho.
Whether you’ve just arrived in the city, you’re about to hop on a plane out or you’re on an ungodly layover, you’ll be able to break up your travel with a fun excursion. Who knows? Maybe you’ll do some plane spotting from the ice. But, if you don’t plan on traveling through Denver soon, you’re not out of luck.
Denver’s not the only city that’s brought unconventional attractions to its airport. Lately, several airports have introduced installations like the rink at Denver to make a typically stressful travel experience more enjoyable. Melbourne Airport (MEL), for one, installed a beer garden complete with draft beer and food trucks this summer, and back in August, Orlando International Airport (MCO) commemorated the life and death of Southwest peanuts with a temporary airport display.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees