Denver International Airport Brings Back Its Ice Skating Rink
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the third year in a row, Denver International Airport (DEN) opened its ice skating rink for travelers to enjoy. So, if you happen to be a little early for your flight this winter season, you can kick off your shoes, throw on some skates and hit the ice!
The rink is outside at the DEN Plaza, which is between the airport and The Westin. Both skating and skate rentals are completely free, so there’s no need to pack sharp skates in your carry-on! The rink will be open every day from 9am to 9pm until January 6, when the rink will be taken down. DEN tweeted about the installation yesterday, highlighting the first two skaters of the season: Ashlen and Chris from Boise, Idaho.
Whether you’ve just arrived in the city, you’re about to hop on a plane out or you’re on an ungodly layover, you’ll be able to break up your travel with a fun excursion. Who knows? Maybe you’ll do some plane spotting from the ice. But, if you don’t plan on traveling through Denver soon, you’re not out of luck.
Denver’s not the only city that’s brought unconventional attractions to its airport. Lately, several airports have introduced installations like the rink at Denver to make a typically stressful travel experience more enjoyable. Melbourne Airport (MEL), for one, installed a beer garden complete with draft beer and food trucks this summer, and back in August, Orlando International Airport (MCO) commemorated the life and death of Southwest peanuts with a temporary airport display.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.