Denver International Airport Brings Back Its Ice Skating Rink
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the third year in a row, Denver International Airport (DEN) opened its ice skating rink for travelers to enjoy. So, if you happen to be a little early for your flight this winter season, you can kick off your shoes, throw on some skates and hit the ice!
The rink is outside at the DEN Plaza, which is between the airport and The Westin. Both skating and skate rentals are completely free, so there’s no need to pack sharp skates in your carry-on! The rink will be open every day from 9am to 9pm until January 6, when the rink will be taken down. DEN tweeted about the installation yesterday, highlighting the first two skaters of the season: Ashlen and Chris from Boise, Idaho.
Whether you’ve just arrived in the city, you’re about to hop on a plane out or you’re on an ungodly layover, you’ll be able to break up your travel with a fun excursion. Who knows? Maybe you’ll do some plane spotting from the ice. But, if you don’t plan on traveling through Denver soon, you’re not out of luck.
Denver’s not the only city that’s brought unconventional attractions to its airport. Lately, several airports have introduced installations like the rink at Denver to make a typically stressful travel experience more enjoyable. Melbourne Airport (MEL), for one, installed a beer garden complete with draft beer and food trucks this summer, and back in August, Orlando International Airport (MCO) commemorated the life and death of Southwest peanuts with a temporary airport display.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee