This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to escape the harsh winter cold? Or impress that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Regardless if you answered yes to one or both of those questions, American Airlines is currently running a promotion on “romantic” vacation packages. The promotion is only available through American Airlines’ vacation package portal, meaning you will only be able to select American Airlines flights. Additionally, destinations are limited, to hotels participating in this promo. Nonetheless, American’s current promotion is simple yet lucrative.
The promotion allows travelers to save $175 on vacation packages booked through the American Airlines Vacations portal. Use the promo code “ROMANCE” at checkout to take advantage of this offer. And no, you don’t have to be madly in love to save on a vacation package.
The terms and conditions of this promotion are actually quite straightforward. The unfortunate part of the promotion is that the hotels at which you can stay are quite limited. The package must include at least five nights at a qualifying hotel or resort and it must include a round-trip flight. There are a few blackout dates as well.
In Cancun, for example, we managed to find a fantastic beachfront property with round-trip airfare for two for less than $3,000 with this promotion.
You can find a complete list of participating properties on American Airlines Vacation’s website via this link.
If you’re thinking about taking advantage of this promotion, the promo code “romance” will be available until February 20. As for date and time restrictions, blackout dates include: 04/21/19, 05/27/19, 07/04/19, and 09/02/19. All packages must begin on or after February 9 and must conclude by November 17, 2019.
Probably the best part about this promotion is that you will still earn the standard 1,000 AAdvantage miles just for booking an American Airlines Vacation. While $175 might not seem like a lot when you’re spending $3,000, that’s almost 6% off just for entering the word “romance” in the promo code box. More so, American Airlines is known to offer competitive prices on the airline’s vacation packages. What’s not to, ahem, love?
Featured photo by wundervisuals/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*