Deal Alert: Get $175 Off ‘Romantic’ American Airlines Vacation Packages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to escape the harsh winter cold? Or impress that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Regardless if you answered yes to one or both of those questions, American Airlines is currently running a promotion on “romantic” vacation packages. The promotion is only available through American Airlines’ vacation package portal, meaning you will only be able to select American Airlines flights. Additionally, destinations are limited, to hotels participating in this promo. Nonetheless, American’s current promotion is simple yet lucrative.
The promotion allows travelers to save $175 on vacation packages booked through the American Airlines Vacations portal. Use the promo code “ROMANCE” at checkout to take advantage of this offer. And no, you don’t have to be madly in love to save on a vacation package.
The terms and conditions of this promotion are actually quite straightforward. The unfortunate part of the promotion is that the hotels at which you can stay are quite limited. The package must include at least five nights at a qualifying hotel or resort and it must include a round-trip flight. There are a few blackout dates as well.
In Cancun, for example, we managed to find a fantastic beachfront property with round-trip airfare for two for less than $3,000 with this promotion.
You can find a complete list of participating properties on American Airlines Vacation’s website via this link.
If you’re thinking about taking advantage of this promotion, the promo code “romance” will be available until February 20. As for date and time restrictions, blackout dates include: 04/21/19, 05/27/19, 07/04/19, and 09/02/19. All packages must begin on or after February 9 and must conclude by November 17, 2019.
Probably the best part about this promotion is that you will still earn the standard 1,000 AAdvantage miles just for booking an American Airlines Vacation. While $175 might not seem like a lot when you’re spending $3,000, that’s almost 6% off just for entering the word “romance” in the promo code box. More so, American Airlines is known to offer competitive prices on the airline’s vacation packages. What’s not to, ahem, love?
Featured photo by wundervisuals/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees