Deal Alert: Get $175 Off ‘Romantic’ American Airlines Vacation Packages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to escape the harsh winter cold? Or impress that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Regardless if you answered yes to one or both of those questions, American Airlines is currently running a promotion on “romantic” vacation packages. The promotion is only available through American Airlines’ vacation package portal, meaning you will only be able to select American Airlines flights. Additionally, destinations are limited, to hotels participating in this promo. Nonetheless, American’s current promotion is simple yet lucrative.
The promotion allows travelers to save $175 on vacation packages booked through the American Airlines Vacations portal. Use the promo code “ROMANCE” at checkout to take advantage of this offer. And no, you don’t have to be madly in love to save on a vacation package.
The terms and conditions of this promotion are actually quite straightforward. The unfortunate part of the promotion is that the hotels at which you can stay are quite limited. The package must include at least five nights at a qualifying hotel or resort and it must include a round-trip flight. There are a few blackout dates as well.
In Cancun, for example, we managed to find a fantastic beachfront property with round-trip airfare for two for less than $3,000 with this promotion.
You can find a complete list of participating properties on American Airlines Vacation’s website via this link.
If you’re thinking about taking advantage of this promotion, the promo code “romance” will be available until February 20. As for date and time restrictions, blackout dates include: 04/21/19, 05/27/19, 07/04/19, and 09/02/19. All packages must begin on or after February 9 and must conclude by November 17, 2019.
Probably the best part about this promotion is that you will still earn the standard 1,000 AAdvantage miles just for booking an American Airlines Vacation. While $175 might not seem like a lot when you’re spending $3,000, that’s almost 6% off just for entering the word “romance” in the promo code box. More so, American Airlines is known to offer competitive prices on the airline’s vacation packages. What’s not to, ahem, love?
Featured photo by wundervisuals/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.