This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to escape the harsh winter cold? Or impress that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Regardless if you answered yes to one or both of those questions, American Airlines is currently running a promotion on “romantic” vacation packages. The promotion is only available through American Airlines’ vacation package portal, meaning you will only be able to select American Airlines flights. Additionally, destinations are limited, to hotels participating in this promo. Nonetheless, American’s current promotion is simple yet lucrative.
The promotion allows travelers to save $175 on vacation packages booked through the American Airlines Vacations portal. Use the promo code “ROMANCE” at checkout to take advantage of this offer. And no, you don’t have to be madly in love to save on a vacation package.
The terms and conditions of this promotion are actually quite straightforward. The unfortunate part of the promotion is that the hotels at which you can stay are quite limited. The package must include at least five nights at a qualifying hotel or resort and it must include a round-trip flight. There are a few blackout dates as well.
In Cancun, for example, we managed to find a fantastic beachfront property with round-trip airfare for two for less than $3,000 with this promotion.
You can find a complete list of participating properties on American Airlines Vacation’s website via this link.
If you’re thinking about taking advantage of this promotion, the promo code “romance” will be available until February 20. As for date and time restrictions, blackout dates include: 04/21/19, 05/27/19, 07/04/19, and 09/02/19. All packages must begin on or after February 9 and must conclude by November 17, 2019.
Probably the best part about this promotion is that you will still earn the standard 1,000 AAdvantage miles just for booking an American Airlines Vacation. While $175 might not seem like a lot when you’re spending $3,000, that’s almost 6% off just for entering the word “romance” in the promo code box. More so, American Airlines is known to offer competitive prices on the airline’s vacation packages. What’s not to, ahem, love?
Featured photo by wundervisuals/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards