New Bungalows Key Largo Resort Forced to Close After Early Morning Fire
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bungalows Key Largo, billed as the only all-inclusive adults-only resort in the Florida Keys, is now closed after an early morning fire broke out in the restaurant in the main clubhouse on Sunday.
The resort website says that no guest accommodations were affected by the fire, but that all guests have been evacuated from the property. The website also states that the resort will be closed until further notice, and that the operations team is reaching out to guests with current and future reservations to help rebook stays.
Local resident Tara Giacinto posted video of the fire to her social media showing the fire at the property.
The resort’s website posted the image below, indicating the damaged areas:
Part of the Noble House Hotels & Resorts group, Bungalows Key Largo opened its doors to guests in January. The adults-only luxury resort, which describes itself as an “island oasis built for downtime and disconnecting,” is located 65 miles south of Miami International Airport (MIA).
For more information, visit the resort’s website.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Bungalows Key Largo
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.