Amtrak is sending out free passes to visit its new flagship lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I visited shortly after the lounge opened, and I was gasping (under my mask) at every turn — Amtrak’s previous Penn Station lounge was a borderline disaster; I never expected to want to arrive any earlier than absolutely necessary to catch my train.
It’s really exciting that we finally have a fancy Penn Station lounge to visit — even if the current food and beverage offerings leave a bit to be desired. Metropolitan Lounge access is limited to Select Plus or Select Executive elites, passengers traveling in Acela first class and customers with a sleeper-car ticket.
I’m almost always passing through with a coach or Acela business class ticket, so I wasn’t expecting to visit again for quite some time — until a special Amtrak invitation hit my inbox this week.
The pass attached to the email is valid for me and one guest. It can be used anytime between now and April 30, and I only need to present the pass to get in — Amtrak’s waiving the usual same-day ticket requirement.
It’s unclear exactly which cards will trigger this invitation, but it’s worth checking your inbox if you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® or the Amtrak Guest Rewards® Platinum Mastercard® — the latter of which doesn’t carry an annual fee.
The information for the Amtrak Cards have been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.