Amtrak is sending out free passes to visit its new flagship lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I visited shortly after the lounge opened, and I was gasping (under my mask) at every turn — Amtrak’s previous Penn Station lounge was a borderline disaster; I never expected to want to arrive any earlier than absolutely necessary to catch my train.
It’s really exciting that we finally have a fancy Penn Station lounge to visit — even if the current food and beverage offerings leave a bit to be desired. Metropolitan Lounge access is limited to Select Plus or Select Executive elites, passengers traveling in Acela first class and customers with a sleeper-car ticket.
I’m almost always passing through with a coach or Acela business class ticket, so I wasn’t expecting to visit again for quite some time — until a special Amtrak invitation hit my inbox this week.
The pass attached to the email is valid for me and one guest. It can be used anytime between now and April 30, and I only need to present the pass to get in — Amtrak’s waiving the usual same-day ticket requirement.
It’s unclear exactly which cards will trigger this invitation, but it’s worth checking your inbox if you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® or the Amtrak Guest Rewards® Platinum Mastercard® — the latter of which doesn’t carry an annual fee.
The information for the Amtrak Cards have been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees