Deal alert: Fly to Tenerife from Boston, Miami and Newark from $438 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spain’s Canary Islands probably occupy a spot on most people’s dream travel checklist — and for good reason. The archipelago touts breathtaking natural diversity, from the lush Teide National Park to stunning beaches.
Tenerife, the largest of the Canary Islands, exemplifies what makes them such a popular destination. You can discover it for yourself with a new fare deal that has excellent prices on flights from key U.S. departure cities like Boston, Miami and Newark.
This sale includes flights on TAP Air Portugal, Iberia and American Airlines. As is the norm with overseas fare sales, checked baggage is not included. A lot of the fares we found on sale included free carry-ons, but be aware that you’ll have to pay to check a bag or upgrade a tier to be able to check baggage.
The best availability we found in this deal is between September and February 2023. Most holidays are excluded, but we did find some sale fares for flights over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights for giving us the heads-up on this latest deal. Its basic membership is available for $49 per year. The Elite tier option is available for $199 per year, and that provides you with access to deals on premium economy, business-class and first-class tickets.
As always, flexible travel plans give you the best chance to find the best prices.
Airlines: American, Iberia, TAP Air Portugal and United.
Routes: Boston, Miami and Newark to Tenerife.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: September through February 2023.
There are some fantastic prices for flights from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Tenerife. We found a couple of great round-trip itineraries to Tenerife South Airport (TFS) in December on TAP for only $438 round-trip. That is absurdly cheap for this route at this time of year. It’s an economy fare, which on TAP provides a free carry-on, and the two examples below include rather long layovers in Lisbon, Portugal, but it’s too good a bargain to pass up.
TAP has also marked down a number of flights from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to Tenerife South in November and December. This round-trip economy ticket with a Lisbon layover is available for $507, a very nice price for this itinerary.
Miami International Airport (MIA) to Tenerife South is also available at a significant discount this fall. Iberia has basic economy fares on sale for $506, which is more than $300 cheaper than normal. This fare comes with a free carry-on, but a checked bag will cost you a fee.
You can also score a nice fare if you want to go north and explore Tenerife’s rich wine country and hiking opportunities. Fares from Miami to Tenerife’s northern airport are available at a discount in September and October, including this nice $506 round-trip economy seat on Iberia. It comes with a free carry-on. Be aware that a checked bag will cost you $130.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Andrea Comi/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees