This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family
Never flown Mint? Now’s your chance, as JetBlue’s premium business-class product is pricing out as cheaper than economy on at least one route to the Caribbean. On some dates through the end of the year and into 2019, you can find one-way prices from Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for cheaper than economy — for $301.
Not only are some fares between BOS and AUA cheaper than economy, but we’re also seeing some low Mint fares on other Caribbean routes. Though they may not be cheaper than economy, they’re still worth giving a look — especially if you’ve been eyeing a Mint flight.
Mint is JetBlue’s premium product, flown on select transcontinental and Caribbean routes. Widely regarded as one of the best domestic business-class products (it’s TPG’s favorite way to fly across the country), Mint offers lie-flat seats and a refreshing take with its soft product. Remember, if available, you’ll want to select rows 2 or 4 for the throne, closed-door suites.
To book, head to Google Flights and search the route that’s best for you. Then, select date(s) and scroll through the calendar for travel times and prices that work. These fares likely won’t be around for long, so act quick!
Routes: BOS/JFK to AUA/UVF
Cost: $266+ one-way in Mint
Travel Dates: November 2018 – April 2019
Pay With: Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to St. Lucia (UVF) for $266 one-way in Mint:
New York (JFK) to St. Lucia (UVF) for $266 one-way in Mint:
Boston (BOS) to St. Lucia (UVF) for 18,000 TrueBlue points + $11 one-way in Mint:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $300 one-way in Mint:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $800 round-trip in Mint:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on travel purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, (3x on all travel purchases) and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees