Deal alert: TPG readers get first access to two-for-one-business class Valentine’s Day sale to France and Italy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated
As January comes to an end and we look ahead, we all know what holiday arrives on Feb. 14. Whether you’ll be spending it with your significant other or your friends, nothing quite says “I love you” like flying business class to Paris, Milan or Southern France, am I right?
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: La Compagnie.
Routes: EWR to ORY/NCE/MXP.
How to book: Directly through the airline online.
Travel dates: Through 2022; some blackout dates apply and are subject to availability.
Book by: Feb 1 – Feb 14.
There are 2,000 seats available for this limited-time promotion. All tickets are non-refundable but can be changed for free.
La Compagnie kindly shared this deal with TPG readers ahead of its public launch tomorrow, so you are getting a first look.
- Fly from New York City (EWR) to Milan (MXP) for $2,800 round-trip, with two tickets included.
- Fly from New York City (EWR) to Paris (ORY) and Nice (NCE) for $3,000 round-trip, with two tickets included.
Service from EWR to MXP is a new route for La Compagnie launching on April 15. Its EWR to NCE route resumes service on May 7.
Round-trip tickets for the mentioned routes normally start at around $2,600 per person, so this is really an incredible deal.
“With just 76 full-flat seats in a 2×2 configuration, couples can cozy up and enjoy an intimate and comfortable flight with state-of-the-art entertainment, free Wi-Fi, refreshing amenity kits with Caudalie skincare products, seasonally curated menus by Michelin-starred chefs, plus a selective list of organic wines and champagne,” the airline told TPG.
You can also check out the La Compagnie lounge at EWR.
Social media contest
Outside of the sale flights, La Compagnie is running a “Long Distance Relationtrip” contest for couples in long-distance relationships between New York and Paris where two lucky couples will have the opportunity to reunite with their significant other for Valentine’s Day weekend.
The New York-based winner will receive a round-trip ticket to travel to Paris, valid for travel from Feb. 10–15.
The contest is live now on La Compagnie’s social media channels through Jan. 30. Winners will be announced on Jan. 31.
- Follow La Compagnie on Instagram or Facebook.
- Like the below post on either Instagram or Facebook and tag your partner who lives in Paris in the comments.
View this post on Instagram
Share the post to your Instagram story for an additional entry.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
I spent Valentine’s Day in the City of Light in 2012 with my girlfriends from college while we were studying abroad. I must admit, no Valentine’s Day has compared since.
Whether you are single, in a committed relationship or just love to travel, gift yourself and someone you love a spectacular trip with this deal.
Featured photo courtesy of La Compagnie.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees