2-for-1 Valentine's Day sale on business class to France and Italy
Editor’s note: This story has been updated.
As we move out of January and onward closer to spring, we all know what holiday arrives Feb. 14. Whether you spend it with your significant other or your friends, or try to ignore it completely, nothing quite says “I love you” like flying business class to Paris, Milan or southern France. The all-business-class airline La Compagnie wants to help you get there for less with a limited-time 2-for-1 deal.
Airline: La Compagnie.
Routes: From Newark to Milan, Italy; Paris; and Nice, France. ORY/NCE/MXP.
How to book: Directly with the airline.
Travel dates: Through the end of 2023; some blackout dates apply and are subject to availability and not available on all dates.
Book by: Feb. 14.
Tickets can be changed without a fee, though the least-expensive fare classes are nonrefundable.
This Valentine’s Day, French business-class airline La Compagnie is offering 2-for-1 deals across all three of its routes:
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) or Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) from $3,800 round-trip, with two tickets included.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Nice Cote d'Azur Airport (NCE) for $4,800 round-trip, with two tickets included.
While we have seen cheaper prices on La Compagnie, this deal can make sense for some. We recommend always using Google Flights to compare one "sale" price to other available options to ensure you're getting the best deal.
“With just 76 full-flat seats in a 2×2 configuration, couples can cozy up and enjoy an intimate and comfortable flight with state-of-the-art entertainment, free Wi-Fi, refreshing amenity kits with Caudalie skincare products, seasonally curated menus by Michelin-starred chefs, plus a selective list of organic wines and champagne,” the airline told TPG.
Related: La Compagnie, an all-business-class airline, just announced 2 new international routes
Maximize your purchase
If you are ready to book your flight, here are a few suggestions on what card to use for the airfare:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year).
- Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare).
- Citi Premier® Card (3 points per dollar on airfare; see rates and fees).
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (5 points per dollar on flights booked through Chase; 3 points per dollar on all other airfare).
- American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel).
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel).
Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
I spent Valentine’s Day in the City of Light in 2012 with my girlfriends from college while we were studying abroad, and I must admit, no Valentine’s Day has compared since.
Whether you are single, in a committed relationship or travel is your forever valentine, gift yourself and someone you love — or just like enough to want to travel with — a spectacular trip with this deal.
- These are the best hotels for using points in Paris
- How to spend 48 hours in Paris
- Where to visit from Milan
- The best high-speed rail service between Milan and Paris
Additional reporting by Tarah Chieffi.