Caribbean Deal Alert: 45% Off Plus Kids Stay Free at New All-Inclusive Hyatt Resort
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most anticipated all-inclusive resort openings in the Caribbean of 2019 just got more alluring. While the Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic is not scheduled to open its doors to guests until Nov. 1, 2019 (barring delays), reservations are open using points or cash.
While we love that Hyatt allows award redemptions at all-inclusive properties, the value diminishes for those arriving with kids ages three and over. The 25,000 Hyatt points per night rate looks great on paper, but tacking on an extra 12,500 points per night for children ages 3 and up and over means that stellar deals on cash bookings may be the wiser move for many families with kids beyond the toddler years.
Right on cue, Hyatt has revealed its Spring Splash Sale, offering up to 45% off of Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana standard room rates. That’s nice, but not actually that unusual of a discount considering the pre-opening sales the property has been running. What makes this one different is that kids stay free on stays three nights or longer. You get one free kid per adult, so two adults in the room mean two free kids in the room. The offer is valid for cash (not award) reservations made through Hyatt. You’ll need to make your reservation between now and May 7, 2019 for stays from Nov. 1, 2019 through December 22, 2019 (with blackout dates around Thanksgiving). Because you’d be paying cash and booking direct, your stay would earn you points and get you closer to the next tier of Hyatt status, which can be quite valuable.
Promo end date updated to reflect correct date.
While $470 per night for the standard Junior Suite King/Double is a solid deal given the all-inclusive nature for four total guests, some may also find value in the property’s premium rooms.
The Grand Master Suite can be had via this sale for $690 per night (including all taxes and fees), offering up a palatial 1,345 square foot layout that includes an ocean view, a separate living area and a jetted tub, though fewer overall sleeping spaces.
You can book now and work out the details without any risk. There’s no prepaid requirement and you can cancel your reservation for free up to 15 days prior to arrival. There’s a 50% penalty for cancellations within the 8 to 14 day window, and a 100% penalty for cancellations within 7 days of travel.
TPG‘s Mommy Points just rebooked a family stay at this property for later this year and saved $500 in the process, so this is a good time to lock something in, even if your travel plans aren’t yet 100% firm.
Since the property isn’t open, we can’t speak to how things will be in real life, but on paper the 375-room Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana looks like a winner for families with a lazy river, three big water slides and water cannons by the play area. There will be 12 restaurants and bars, a swim-up bar and a pretty massive fitness center. Since this is an all-inclusive resort, families can look forward to free Wi-Fi, endless drinks, unlimited dining, non-motorized watersports, live entertainment, cooking demos, aqua gym classes and even a scuba school.
The standard rooms at the Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana are more than 600 square feet and offer either a king bed or two queens with a queen sofa bed. It’s worth noting that rooms at this resort have a maximum capacity of four, and that includes children of all ages (yes, even babies).
If you wanted to take this deal to the next level on a four-night stay, you could book via the fourth night free benefit of the Citi Prestige Card and get four nights for the price of three. Alternatively, you could book your stay with a card that offers fixed-value points and then wipe out the charge using the points.
For those considering a kids-free all-inclusive getaway, the same 45% off offer is valid for bookings at the adults-only Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana.
Read on for more trip-planning tips:
- Family-Friendly All Inclusive Resorts Where You Can Use Points
- Review: Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar or Hyatt Ziva Cancun
- Fun Things to Do in the Dominican Republic With Kids
- Hotel Openings That Should Be On Your Family’s Radar
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees