Deal alert: Visit a reopened Canada for as low as $188 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After almost a year and a half, our northern neighbor has opened its borders. And now, vaccinated travelers can visit Canada and score a round-trip flight for as low as $188.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This Canada deal was originally sent out by Scott’s Cheap Flights, available with the Premium subscription that costs $49 per year. This membership fee can easily pay for itself if you take advantage of just one of these deals. As a Premium subscriber, you’ll receive multiple daily deals sent straight to your inbox in real time.
Airline: Air Canada, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Porter Airlines and WestJet Airlines.
Routes: From many domestic airports to YTZ/YVR/YYC/YUL and more.
Cost: From $188 round-trip.
Dates: September to March 2022.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
These are just a few examples of round-trip flights that you can score as part of this deal:
Newark (EWR) to Toronto (YTZ) for $188
Seattle (SEA) to Vancouver (YVR) for $200
Phoenix (PHX) to Calgary (YYC) for $266
Seattle (SEA) to Calgary (YYC) for $213
Miami (MIA) to Montreal (YUL) for $286
Orlando (MCO) to Montreal (YUL) for $248
How to book
There are no tricks or special codes needed to find these fares.
Head to Google Flights and plug in your desired departure and destination cities. Then, use the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you and then click through to book with the airline directly.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Lothar Knopp for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees