Deal alert: Flights from $39 one-way in Alaska Airlines’ biggest fare sale of the year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As travelers are finally booking vacations after a long year of no travel, Alaska Airlines is proclaiming itself “The Official Airline of Rescheduled Events.” To kick-start this campaign, Alaska is offering its biggest sale of 2021. Fares start at just $39 one-way, perfect for your travels to Hawaii, Alaska and Montana thanks to the airline’s expansive route network.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Starting today, Aug. 3, you’ll have until Aug. 5 (at 11:59 p.m. PDT) to snag one of these incredible fares before they’re long gone. Throughout the rest of August, Alaska is “planning a month full of surprises with additional promotions,” so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for more to come.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: Between SEA/LAX/SFO/SAN/FAT/SMF/SJC/PDX/LAS/OGG/LIH/KOA/BZN/ANC and more
Cost: From $39 one-way
Dates: Book from Aug. 3 to Aug. 5 for travel between Sept. 17 and Nov. 17, or Nov. 30 to Dec. 15.
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
Here are just a few examples of flights that are available from Alaska Airlines as part of this three-day sale:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Fresno/Yosemite (FAT) from $39 one-way
Boise (BOI) to Sacramento (SMF) from $49 one-way
Bozeman (BZN) to Los Angeles (LAX) from $69 one-way
New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) from $99 one-way
San Diego (SAN) to Lihue (LIH) from $99 one-way
Portland (PDX) to Anchorage (ANC) from $119 one-way
Seattle (SEA) to Maui (OGG) from $149 one-way
If you’re not quite ready to travel the rest of this year, Alaska is among the many domestic airlines that have permanently eliminated change fees on Main and First Class fares. This means you can book now and reschedule later if necessary.
How to book
There are no tricks or special codes needed to find these fares.
Head to Alaska Airlines and plug in your desired departure and destination cities. Filter your search to only show Alaska Airlines flights. Then, use the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of Port of Seattle.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees