Best hotel card for unmatched redemption rates
For just a $95 annual fee, the World of Hyatt Credit Card is one of the top hotel cards on the market. With a rewarding loyalty program and generous card benefits, the card offers significant value. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 9X Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays – 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
Let’s face it: Most hotel cards can feel gimmicky when nightly redemption rates soar into the six digits. Meanwhile, the World of Hyatt program offers the best value possible by allowing members to lock in otherwise expensive properties for reasonable points rates. If you’re a fan of this hotel program (like many TPG staffers are), the World of Hyatt Credit Card is a must-have rewards card. Its everyday earning rates are great, and a free night award each card membership year (up to Category 4) make this truly one of the best hotel cards on the market.
- Annual free night stay after each card anniversary
- Automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist elite status
- Up to 9x points total per dollar spent on Hyatt hotels and resorts, including participating restaurants and spas
- Ability to earn an additional free night award and higher elite status with certain spend threshold
- $95 annual fee
- Limited number of Hyatt hotels globally compared to other large hotel brands
Who is this card good for?
Hyatt lovers rejoice, as there’s only one choice for a Hyatt credit card. Whether you stay at Hyatt properties a few times per year or every time you travel, this credit card can net you significant value thanks to automatic elite status and an anniversary award night each year worth up to 15,000 points.
Earn 4x spent on purchases at participating Hyatt properties (stacks with the 5x that World of Hyatt members earn on Hyatt properties) and 2x on direct airfare purchases, restaurants, local transit and commuting (including ride-sharing services), fitness club, and gym memberships. Earn 1x on other eligible purchases.