This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those looking to ditch their 9 to 5 and escape the Northeast’s bomb cyclones— Richard Branson has the perfect job opportunity for you. Branson’s company Virgin Group posted a job listing looking for a personal assistant to work on Necker Island, Branson’s private isle in the British Virgin Islands.
The job responsibilities include managing emails, general correspondence, filing and archiving, booking travel, among other typical administrative tasks for Branson’s office as well as being the personal assistant to Keny Jones, the island’s general manager.
Wondering if you fit the role? The ideal candidate will have “fantastic” administrative and organizational skills and experience working in a busy office. This person must be someone who is “self-motivated, outgoing, and enthusiastic who can balance this with the essential need for discretion and confidentiality.” Most importantly, this applicant must be willing to move to Necker Island.
Yup, that’s right. For one qualified applicant, the 74-acre island located just north of Virgin Gorda will be home. The luxury private island which is normally rented out starting at $80,000 per night, has enough space for up to 34 guests and is a popular destination for celebrities like Oprah, Mariah Carey and even Barack and Michelle Obama.
For those interested in this exciting opportunity, send a résumé as well as a two-minute video introducing yourself explaining why you’re perfect for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period closes March 10.
Featured Image by Creatas Images/ Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards