Richard Branson Is Hiring an Assistant on His Private Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those looking to ditch their 9 to 5 and escape the Northeast’s bomb cyclones— Richard Branson has the perfect job opportunity for you. Branson’s company Virgin Group posted a job listing looking for a personal assistant to work on Necker Island, Branson’s private isle in the British Virgin Islands.
The job responsibilities include managing emails, general correspondence, filing and archiving, booking travel, among other typical administrative tasks for Branson’s office as well as being the personal assistant to Keny Jones, the island’s general manager.
Wondering if you fit the role? The ideal candidate will have “fantastic” administrative and organizational skills and experience working in a busy office. This person must be someone who is “self-motivated, outgoing, and enthusiastic who can balance this with the essential need for discretion and confidentiality.” Most importantly, this applicant must be willing to move to Necker Island.
Yup, that’s right. For one qualified applicant, the 74-acre island located just north of Virgin Gorda will be home. The luxury private island which is normally rented out starting at $80,000 per night, has enough space for up to 34 guests and is a popular destination for celebrities like Oprah, Mariah Carey and even Barack and Michelle Obama.
For those interested in this exciting opportunity, send a résumé as well as a two-minute video introducing yourself explaining why you’re perfect for the job to email@example.com. The application period closes March 10.
Featured Image by Creatas Images/ Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.