Richard Branson Is Hiring an Assistant on His Private Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those looking to ditch their 9 to 5 and escape the Northeast’s bomb cyclones— Richard Branson has the perfect job opportunity for you. Branson’s company Virgin Group posted a job listing looking for a personal assistant to work on Necker Island, Branson’s private isle in the British Virgin Islands.
The job responsibilities include managing emails, general correspondence, filing and archiving, booking travel, among other typical administrative tasks for Branson’s office as well as being the personal assistant to Keny Jones, the island’s general manager.
Wondering if you fit the role? The ideal candidate will have “fantastic” administrative and organizational skills and experience working in a busy office. This person must be someone who is “self-motivated, outgoing, and enthusiastic who can balance this with the essential need for discretion and confidentiality.” Most importantly, this applicant must be willing to move to Necker Island.
Yup, that’s right. For one qualified applicant, the 74-acre island located just north of Virgin Gorda will be home. The luxury private island which is normally rented out starting at $80,000 per night, has enough space for up to 34 guests and is a popular destination for celebrities like Oprah, Mariah Carey and even Barack and Michelle Obama.
For those interested in this exciting opportunity, send a résumé as well as a two-minute video introducing yourself explaining why you’re perfect for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period closes March 10.
Featured Image by Creatas Images/ Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees