4 Easy Ways to Log Your Daily Fitness Routine, Wherever You Are
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Truth: There’s nothing quite like waking up to a sunrise in Bali on Saturday then heading to Sydney on Sunday to watch the sunset over another continent. Also true: Finding the motivation to work out and prioritize your health while constantly jet setting is a very tall order.
While, unfortunately, you probably can’t fit your personal trainer in your carry-on, a new generation of digital nomads and an investment in global relationships have fostered a whole slew of new ways to approach fitness away from home.
Since The Mayo Clinic recommends at least 150 minutes of aerobic exercise each week to maintain good health, consider these smart and effective ways to log your sweat sesh, no matter where your wanderlust takes you.
If You Don’t Need Personal Instruction: Seconds App
When you’re not traveling, you’re someone who has mastered the art of working out. You don’t need the personal attention and hands-on instruction from a trainer. Instead, when you have a business meeting in Hong Kong and then need to spend time in Dubai to close a deal, it’s more important for you to find a hotel with a robust gym. And the Seconds app. Meant for high-intensity interval training or circuit routines, you can select from pre-made timers or build your own.
Regardless if you’re lifting weights, throwing down a kettlebell or knocking out burpees, this free app lets you design a workout without needing anything but a charged smartphone.
If You Love Boutique Fitness Classes: ClassPass
Have a career you love but requires plenty of domestic travel? For easy access to a boxing gym when you need to blow off some steam or a candlelight slow flow after a cross-country flight, ClassPass allows you to work out at thousands of studios nationwide. While they also have a growing international presence in the UK, Australia and Canada, with more than 40 stateside cities, chances are high you’ll find them in the destination of your next conference.
How does it work? Select from five- to 10-class packs, giving you access to Pilates, bootcamps, you name it. All you have to do is change your location and get to booking. Ready, set, jet and sweat!
If You Like Workout Videos: Daily Burn
Before you roll your eyes and picture Richard Simmons or Denise Richards in spandex instructing you, a new wave of online fitness companies and influencers have paved the way to virtual killer sweats. While you have to do some digging to find fun and effective workouts on YouTube, signing up for Daily Burn omits the research you’d rather not waste time doing.
After taking a short quiz about your goals and fitness level, a workout plan will be created for you, all depending on how much effort you want to put in and how much time you can spare. If your schedule is a tad more reliable when you’re traveling, you can even tune in to their daily workout (hence the name), as a more spur-of-the-moment way to get your heart rate up. Pro tip: High speed internet is recommended if you’d like to watch without freeze frames.
If You’re Nomadic: Look Local and BYOG
Thanks to a growing trend in the freelance life and the desire to see the world while earning a paycheck, more and more people of all ages and backgrounds are getting out of their office and into workspaces around the world. If you’re part of this crew, you’ve probably figured out how to find the best Wi-Fi and cheapest coffee that’ll keep you caffeinated for whatever time zone you’re cruising in, but what about workouts? Especially if you’re in nomad friendly spots — like Bali, Chiang Mai, Santiago and Berlin to name a few — local communities have catered to this uptick.
Search for outdoor bootcamps, no-commitment gyms and pick the brains of fellow nomadic pals you meet along the way. If your modest carry-on allows, you can also consider packing along some brilliant buys from Amazon, like refillable water weights and just-add-sand kettlebells. This way, you’re avoiding any on-the-go fitness hurdles.
Feature photo by Carina K_nig / EyeEm / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees