WOW Air Offering 50% Off Base Airfare, With Fares From $142 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For the half-priced flights, you’ll need to act quick. The 50% promo code WOWXMAS is valid only for new bookings made between 7:00am ET Friday and 7:00pm ET Saturday. In order to take advantage, you’ll need to book a round-trip ticket directly with WOW for travel between December 27, 2017, and May 15, 2018. You must enter the promo code WOWXMAS when searching.
[Update, 3/28/2019: WOW Air has ceased operations. Find our ongoing coverage of WOW Air’s collapse, and what affected passengers can do about it, here.]
Here are a few examples of fares we’re seeing as part of this sale:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $142 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $142 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $172 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $202 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $202 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) for $230 round-trip:
In order to get the discount, you must be a MyWOW member, however, signing up is easy and free. Also know that the promo code won’t work when booking a WOW Stopover itinerary.
Keep in mind, too, that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG‘s Brendan Dorsey flew it.
Overall, this is a nice promotion from WOW, offering round-trip flights to Europe for less than $150. If you do take advantage of this Christmas sale, be sure to purchase your ticket with a credit card that will earn you bonus points. For example, the Platinum Card from American Express will earn you 5x points on the cost of your ticket when booked through WOW.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees