Check Out the Rooftop Igloo at Virgin Atlantic’s Clubhouse at LHR
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On your next trip through London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR), be sure to save time to stop at the igloo. That’s right, an igloo. For a limited time at the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in LHR’s Terminal 3, you’ll be able to warm up in the lounge’s igloo with some spectacular views of the tarmac.
Between Monday, December 18, 2017 and January 13, 2018, you can pay a visit to the igloo free of charge. The igloo is designed to seat up to eight people, and according to a press release, is “decorated in a Nordic style with Virgin flair.”
The igloo was installed in conjunction with London’s Coppa Club, a London restaurant and bar that installed similar igloos along the River Thames last winter, which were extremely popular. Virgin was able to get its hands on one of the igloos for its Clubhouse, which is generally known as one of the best airport lounges around.
“This winter we’re bringing the UK’s most in demand pop up direct to our customers by introducing an igloo on the roof of our Heathrow Clubhouse,” said Vice President Customer Experience for Virgin Atlantic, Daniel Kerzner. “We’ve created one of the world’s most thrilling airport experiences where customers can eat, drink and relax under the stars with unrivaled views of the runway.”
If you’re traveling through LHR in the next few weeks and can get into the Clubhouse, be sure to build in some extra time to your travel plans to check out the igloo. Access to the Clubhouse is very limited — you’ll need to be flying in Upper Class with Virgin or in Delta One, or you can enter if you’re a Delta Platinum or Diamond Medallion, or have Gold status in Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club program.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.