This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On your next trip through London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR), be sure to save time to stop at the igloo. That’s right, an igloo. For a limited time at the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in LHR’s Terminal 3, you’ll be able to warm up in the lounge’s igloo with some spectacular views of the tarmac.
Between Monday, December 18, 2017 and January 13, 2018, you can pay a visit to the igloo free of charge. The igloo is designed to seat up to eight people, and according to a press release, is “decorated in a Nordic style with Virgin flair.”
The igloo was installed in conjunction with London’s Coppa Club, a London restaurant and bar that installed similar igloos along the River Thames last winter, which were extremely popular. Virgin was able to get its hands on one of the igloos for its Clubhouse, which is generally known as one of the best airport lounges around.
“This winter we’re bringing the UK’s most in demand pop up direct to our customers by introducing an igloo on the roof of our Heathrow Clubhouse,” said Vice President Customer Experience for Virgin Atlantic, Daniel Kerzner. “We’ve created one of the world’s most thrilling airport experiences where customers can eat, drink and relax under the stars with unrivaled views of the runway.”
If you’re traveling through LHR in the next few weeks and can get into the Clubhouse, be sure to build in some extra time to your travel plans to check out the igloo. Access to the Clubhouse is very limited — you’ll need to be flying in Upper Class with Virgin or in Delta One, or you can enter if you’re a Delta Platinum or Diamond Medallion, or have Gold status in Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club program.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards