This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All I want for Christmas is… an airplane-seat-sized Saks Fifth Avenue duvet, Polaris gel pillow and business-class amenity kit? You too can make these items yours — and you don’t even have to steal them from the plane!
Apparently due to popular demand, the airline has made a bunch of Polaris-branded stuff available through the United Shop, and the prices are actually reasonable.
Here are some of the highlights:
- United Polaris Day Blanket ($39.99)
- United Polaris Gray Duvet ($59.99)
- United Polaris Business Class Amenity Kit ($14.99)
- Travel Size Gel Pillow and Pillowcase ($27.99)
All joking aside, I don’t actually need any of these things (just so we’re clear, mom!), but I do already have a Saks duvet and could easily see spending 60 bucks on that. I’ve actually purchased other gifts from the United Shop in the past — including a model A320 Friend Ship — and I’ve found all of the prices to be surprisingly reasonable. I’m sure quite a few frequent flyers will be pleased to find Polaris items available there, too.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees