United’s Selling Polaris Bedding and Amenities at Entirely Reasonable Rates
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All I want for Christmas is… an airplane-seat-sized Saks Fifth Avenue duvet, Polaris gel pillow and business-class amenity kit? You too can make these items yours — and you don’t even have to steal them from the plane!
Apparently due to popular demand, the airline has made a bunch of Polaris-branded stuff available through the United Shop, and the prices are actually reasonable.
Here are some of the highlights:
- United Polaris Day Blanket ($39.99)
- United Polaris Gray Duvet ($59.99)
- United Polaris Business Class Amenity Kit ($14.99)
- Travel Size Gel Pillow and Pillowcase ($27.99)
All joking aside, I don’t actually need any of these things (just so we’re clear, mom!), but I do already have a Saks duvet and could easily see spending 60 bucks on that. I’ve actually purchased other gifts from the United Shop in the past — including a model A320 Friend Ship — and I’ve found all of the prices to be surprisingly reasonable. I’m sure quite a few frequent flyers will be pleased to find Polaris items available there, too.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.