Never Miss Out on Earning Southwest Miles With This New Online Shopping Browser Extension
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Any time you’re shopping online without going through a shopping portal, you’re leaving valuable airline miles, hotel points or cashback on the table. It’s such a fundamental part of earning points and miles that “use a shopping portal” is listed at #6 in The Points Guy‘s beginner’s guide:
Southwest wants to make sure that you never accidentally forget to use its shopping portal. It just released a new “Rapid Rewards Shopping button” as a Chrome extension. This new tool will alert you when you’re on a website that offers bonus Rapid Rewards points through the Southwest shopping portal.
This is a great extension for those trying to earn — or re-qualify for — the Southwest Companion Pass. Points earned through the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping portal count toward the Companion Pass, which will become even more valuable when Southwest expands its network to Hawaii.
Not interested in earning Southwest miles? Instead, you can add the My Miles Bar Chrome extension to be reminded when a particular merchant offers miles through the American, Delta or United shopping portal.
These shopping portal extensions join other useful Chrome extensions like the Legroom for Google Flights extension that adds the legroom (or seat type in business/first class) to your Google Flights search results. The same extension has now been enhanced to flag when a fare restricts carry-on baggage.
Featured image by Petar Chernaev via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
With the Southwest Premier credit card you'll earn 6,000 points each year after your cardmember anniversary. Southwest also offers one of the most lucrative airline perks - the Companion Pass.
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, earn 3X points on dining, including takeout and eligible delivery services, for the first year.
- 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- All points earned count towards Companion Pass®.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No blackout dates or seat restrictions.
- Your points never expire, a benefit of the Rapid Rewards® program.