This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: The 60K offer for the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard has expired. The current offer for is 50,000 miles when you make your first purchase within the first 90 days of account opening.
Back in June, we told you about a limited-time 50,000-mile bonus on the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. Well, an increased offer is back and better than ever. Effective Tuesday morning, the AAdvantage Aviator Red card is offering 60,000 bonus miles after you make a purchase within the first 90 days of card opening and pay the card’s $95 annual fee.
This card turns a lot of heads with its spending requirement for earning the sign-up bonus. Unlike the $7,500 spending requirement for the valuable 75,000-point Citi Prestige Card bonus, this card requires just one purchase to earn the bonus — and there’s no minimum amount to the purchase.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 60,000 AAdvantage miles are worth $840. But, there are ways of getting so much more value out of these miles. First, this is enough for a one-way business-class flight to Europe. And, if you book on American Airlines — which has opened up some AAward AAvailability to Europe recently — it’ll cost you just $5.60 out of pocket. If you don’t want to mess with AA availability, you can get a ton of value out of 60,000 through AA’s partners. In fact, we have a whole article showing you how.
Ongoing Card Benefits
With the Aviator Red card, you’ll earn 2x miles on American Airlines purchases and 1x miles on all other purchases. You and up to four companions will get your first checked bag for free when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines. In addition, you’ll get preferred boarding when flying American Airlines domestically, 25% in-flight savings on food and beverages, you’ll earn 10% of your redeemed miles back and there are no foreign transaction fees. Plus, you’ll earn $3,000 elite-qualifying dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year.
Perhaps best of all, this is one of the cards that can help you defeat basic economy. Thanks to the preferred boarding and checked bag privileges, you’ll be able to carry on and check a bag even if you’re flying on a basic economy ticket.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees