Pilot and Flight Attendant Clash, Delta Connection Flight Delay Ensues
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As unfortunate as it is, we’ve become somewhat used to hearing about incidents between crew and passengers or passengers and passengers. Up until now, there haven’t been any notable issues between crewmembers. However, that all changed on Delta Air Lines Flight 3925 on Monday from LaGuardia (LGA) to Portland, Maine (PWM). A Delta Connection pilot and flight attendant got into a fight, causing the flight to be delayed about two hours.
According to the New York Daily News, the 54-year-old Delta Connection pilot and 26-year-old flight attendant got into an altercation before the plane took off. According to witnesses, the pilot called the flight attendant “a piece of s***t,” while the two were standing in the aisle of the CRJ-900 aircraft.
The source continued to say that the pilot’s comments toward the flight attendant were not appropriate. “His conversation was racist, inconsiderate and unprofessional,” the passenger said. Ultimately, the flight left LGA about two hours after its scheduled departure. Both the flight attendant and the pilot claimed that the other had aggressively grabbed the other’s arm.
As many as six Port Authority officers carrying guns interviewed the crew in the jet bridge after takeoff was halted. However, they determined that neither the flight attendant nor the pilot were injured, and no arrests were made. Both of the crew members were required to leave the aircraft before the flight eventually took off around 1:30pm.
The airline has since responded, noting that the flight was operated by its subsidiary, Endeavor Air. “Endeavor Air apologizes to the customers on board Endeavor Air flight 3925, operating as Delta Connection, from LaGuardia to Portland, Maine whose travel was inconvenienced as a result of a disagreement between two crew members,” a spokesman said. “The actions of these crew members, as described, in no way reflects the respect, values and professionalism we expect from our employees.”
Featured image of a CRJ-900 courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.