Pilot and Flight Attendant Clash, Delta Connection Flight Delay Ensues
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As unfortunate as it is, we’ve become somewhat used to hearing about incidents between crew and passengers or passengers and passengers. Up until now, there haven’t been any notable issues between crewmembers. However, that all changed on Delta Air Lines Flight 3925 on Monday from LaGuardia (LGA) to Portland, Maine (PWM). A Delta Connection pilot and flight attendant got into a fight, causing the flight to be delayed about two hours.
According to the New York Daily News, the 54-year-old Delta Connection pilot and 26-year-old flight attendant got into an altercation before the plane took off. According to witnesses, the pilot called the flight attendant “a piece of s***t,” while the two were standing in the aisle of the CRJ-900 aircraft.
The source continued to say that the pilot’s comments toward the flight attendant were not appropriate. “His conversation was racist, inconsiderate and unprofessional,” the passenger said. Ultimately, the flight left LGA about two hours after its scheduled departure. Both the flight attendant and the pilot claimed that the other had aggressively grabbed the other’s arm.
As many as six Port Authority officers carrying guns interviewed the crew in the jet bridge after takeoff was halted. However, they determined that neither the flight attendant nor the pilot were injured, and no arrests were made. Both of the crew members were required to leave the aircraft before the flight eventually took off around 1:30pm.
The airline has since responded, noting that the flight was operated by its subsidiary, Endeavor Air. “Endeavor Air apologizes to the customers on board Endeavor Air flight 3925, operating as Delta Connection, from LaGuardia to Portland, Maine whose travel was inconvenienced as a result of a disagreement between two crew members,” a spokesman said. “The actions of these crew members, as described, in no way reflects the respect, values and professionalism we expect from our employees.”
Featured image of a CRJ-900 courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees