Limited Time: Score a 40% Bonus When Buying Hyatt Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Earning via the traditional method (actually staying in hotels) is just one way to accumulate points toward your next free night. Fortunately, hotel chains make it relatively easy to accrue points without traveling, whether through credit card offers or by utilizing shopping portals and dining reward programs. You can also purchase points directly from the hotel.
If you’re looking to book an upcoming stay with World of Hyatt points, Hyatt wants to sweeten the pot if you buy points in the next few weeks. Now through August 9, you’ll get up to a 40% bonus when buying Hyatt points. This is a two-tiered bonus:
- Buy 5,000-9,000 points to get a 30% bonus
- Buy 10,000 or more points to get a 40% bonus
At the 40% bonus rate, this brings the price of Hyatt points down to just 1.7 cents per each. This is the best Hyatt buy-miles promotion — outside of Daily Getaways flash sales — that we’ve seen.
In his latest points & miles valuations, TPG values Hyatt points at 1.8 cents apiece. When you buy at least 10,000 points through this promotion, you’ll effectively be buying points at 1.7 cents each. So, this promotion is certainly tempting. However, points and miles are a bad long-term investment, so you’re going to want to have a plan for these points before buying.
There are plenty of options To choose from to get good value out of these Hyatt points. Recent TPG examples include the Park Hyatt Maldives (25,000 points/night), Grand Hyatt Tokyo (25,000 points/night), Park Hyatt Mallorca (20,000 points/night), Andaz Napa (20,000 points/night) and the Park Hyatt Hamburg (15,000 points/night).
Points + Cash redemptions options are also tempting. A TPG contributor recently scored the Park Hyatt Toronto for just $81 plus 7,500 Hyatt points.
If you need more Hyatt points to score a great redemption, the The Hyatt Credit Card now offers a 40,000-point sign-up bonus. Also, you have the choice of transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt at 1:1 ratio. If you’re short on Ultimate Rewards points, some of the best sign-up offers are the Chase Ink Business Preferred’s 80,000 sign-up bonus and the Chase Sapphire Preferred’s 50,000 sign-up bonus. No matter how good of a deal the buy-points promotion is, earning points via credit card sign-ups is a much cheaper way of stocking up on Hyatt points.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this deal, here are the step-by-step directions:
- Visit Hyatt’s Buy Points link.
- Enter your World of Hyatt number, name and email address.
- Select the number of points you want to purchase, enter your credit card information and billing address, agree to the terms and conditions and click Purchase Bonus Points.
Keep in mind that the usual restrictions for purchasing Hyatt points apply to these transactions, including:
- You must purchase points in increments of 1,000 points up to a maximum of 55,000 points per calendar year. In addition, you can also receive 55,000 gifted points per calendar year.
- Any purchased points will not count toward qualification for any increased or improved status or elite membership in the World of Hyatt program.
Note that the purchase is processed by Points.com, so you won’t get any travel category bonuses from this purchase. Make sure to use the best non-bonus category credit card for your situation. Based on TPG’s valuations, the Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express’s 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 per year; then 1x thereafter or Chase Freedom Unlimited’s 1.5x Ultimate Rewards points would be the most rewarding choice.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Featured image courtesy of Park Hyatt Sanya Sunny Bay Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees