Virgin Atlantic Offering Free Gold and Silver Status Match
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is offering frequent flyers of other programs the chance to give its elite status a try. If you have top-tier status in a number of airline loyalty programs, you’re eligible to partake in Virgin Atlantic’s latest status match. Virgin Atlantic is matching to either its Gold or Silver status, depending on the elite status you have.
Here’s how the match breaks down. If you have top tier status with one of the below airlines, you’ll get Gold status with Flying Club, and if you have a second tier status with one of the below airlines, you’ll get matched to Flying Club Silver status. Here’s the chart:
In order to match your status to either Flying Club Gold or Silver status, you’ll need to submit proof that you have status on another airline, a statement showing that you fly enough to maintain the status and already have a flight booked with the carrier (in any cabin for Silver and in premium economy or Upper Class for Gold). If those apply to you, here’s how to register for the status match:
- Be sure you have a Flying Club membership and email Flying.Club.Support.UK@fly.virgin.com
- In the email, include your applicable airline’s frequent flyer program statement, showing the routes you’ve traveled and tier points
- Also include your Flying Club membership number
- Finally, include details of your future Virgin Atlantic booking
Gold status with Virgin Atlantic will get you a 60% mileage bonus, Clubhouse and Revivals lounge access, Upper Class check-in regardless of which cabin you fly, two pieces of hand luggage and two pieces of checked baggage, free seat choice and priority boarding. On the other hand, Silver status will get you the ability to choose your seat up to 14 days before an economy flight, premium check-in, a 30% mileage bonus and priority waitlisting.
If you’re successfully matched, your status will be valid for 12 months from the date your account is upgraded. You’ll need to earn tier points in order to retain your status past the 12 months — 1,000 tier points for Gold or 400 tier points for Silver. One notable exclusion from this Virgin Atlantic status match: Delta. SkyMiles Diamond and Medallion members are not able to match their status to Flying Club. Overall, this is a pretty nice match from Virgin Atlantic, especially if you frequent transatlantic travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees