Virgin Atlantic Offering Free Gold and Silver Status Match
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is offering frequent flyers of other programs the chance to give its elite status a try. If you have top-tier status in a number of airline loyalty programs, you’re eligible to partake in Virgin Atlantic’s latest status match. Virgin Atlantic is matching to either its Gold or Silver status, depending on the elite status you have.
Here’s how the match breaks down. If you have top tier status with one of the below airlines, you’ll get Gold status with Flying Club, and if you have a second tier status with one of the below airlines, you’ll get matched to Flying Club Silver status. Here’s the chart:
In order to match your status to either Flying Club Gold or Silver status, you’ll need to submit proof that you have status on another airline, a statement showing that you fly enough to maintain the status and already have a flight booked with the carrier (in any cabin for Silver and in premium economy or Upper Class for Gold). If those apply to you, here’s how to register for the status match:
- Be sure you have a Flying Club membership and email Flying.Club.Support.UK@fly.virgin.com
- In the email, include your applicable airline’s frequent flyer program statement, showing the routes you’ve traveled and tier points
- Also include your Flying Club membership number
- Finally, include details of your future Virgin Atlantic booking
Gold status with Virgin Atlantic will get you a 60% mileage bonus, Clubhouse and Revivals lounge access, Upper Class check-in regardless of which cabin you fly, two pieces of hand luggage and two pieces of checked baggage, free seat choice and priority boarding. On the other hand, Silver status will get you the ability to choose your seat up to 14 days before an economy flight, premium check-in, a 30% mileage bonus and priority waitlisting.
If you’re successfully matched, your status will be valid for 12 months from the date your account is upgraded. You’ll need to earn tier points in order to retain your status past the 12 months — 1,000 tier points for Gold or 400 tier points for Silver. One notable exclusion from this Virgin Atlantic status match: Delta. SkyMiles Diamond and Medallion members are not able to match their status to Flying Club. Overall, this is a pretty nice match from Virgin Atlantic, especially if you frequent transatlantic travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.