Tip: How to Find United MileagePlus Award Partner Confirmation Numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As experienced travelers know, choosing your seat in advance can make a big difference in the flying experience. For some cabins — like Finnair’s business class and Aer Lingus’ business class — it can mean the difference between having a row to yourself or having to share the same space with another passenger.
However, in order to select a seat, you usually need to work with the operating carrier to request it. A key requirement for retrieving your flight with the operating carrier is having the confirmation number from that airline, which usually differs from the confirmation number of the airline through which you booked the flight.
I ran into this issue when trying to check-in for my recent Austrian business-class flight. While I was able to get a quick response from a United Twitter agent, a couple of commenters pointed out two easier ways of retrieving this confirmation number with the carrier. Turns out, this information is hiding in plain sight. Here’s how to find it:
2. Scroll down to Current Reservations and select View on the flight you’re interested in.
3. Under the United Confirmation Number banner, there’s a smaller line that’ll say, “This reservation contains partner flights” with a link to “View additional confirmation numbers.” Click on this link to reveal the partner confirmation numbers.
1. Open the United app and select My Reservations from the top menu.
2. Select the booking you want to retrieve the confirmation for.
3. Scroll to the bottom and select “Additional information” to reveal the additional confirmation numbers.
Featured image courtesy of ullstein bild via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees