Tip: How to Find United MileagePlus Award Partner Confirmation Numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As experienced travelers know, choosing your seat in advance can make a big difference in the flying experience. For some cabins — like Finnair’s business class and Aer Lingus’ business class — it can mean the difference between having a row to yourself or having to share the same space with another passenger.
However, in order to select a seat, you usually need to work with the operating carrier to request it. A key requirement for retrieving your flight with the operating carrier is having the confirmation number from that airline, which usually differs from the confirmation number of the airline through which you booked the flight.
I ran into this issue when trying to check-in for my recent Austrian business-class flight. While I was able to get a quick response from a United Twitter agent, a couple of commenters pointed out two easier ways of retrieving this confirmation number with the carrier. Turns out, this information is hiding in plain sight. Here’s how to find it:
2. Scroll down to Current Reservations and select View on the flight you’re interested in.
3. Under the United Confirmation Number banner, there’s a smaller line that’ll say, “This reservation contains partner flights” with a link to “View additional confirmation numbers.” Click on this link to reveal the partner confirmation numbers.
1. Open the United app and select My Reservations from the top menu.
2. Select the booking you want to retrieve the confirmation for.
3. Scroll to the bottom and select “Additional information” to reveal the additional confirmation numbers.
Featured image courtesy of ullstein bild via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.