Inside United’s New Polaris and Premium-Cabin Amenity Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news for United premium cabin flyers — new amenity kits are coming your way. To celebrate its partnership with Saks Fifth Avenue, United is launching redesigned amenity kits for passengers flying internationally in Polaris First and Business Class as well as premium transcontinental flights.
Polaris passengers are in for a treat with these new structured Saks bags that resemble a slightly larger sunglass case. Both first and business-class passengers will get similar bags, which comes in two colors — black and white, but with slightly different contents (more on that below).
Both kits contain a signature padded eye mask for improved sleep at 35,000 feet, a calming pillow mist and skincare products from Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa, cozy yet fashionable socks, plus many other wellness items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, tissues and earplugs.
In addition to the business-class offerings, first-class passengers also get a bottle of mouthwash, a larger tube of toothpaste, a lens cleaner and a tube of Bullocks Soothing Moisturizer. Nothing too different from what’s being currently offered onboard.
By comparison, here are the previous Polaris amenity kits:
On transcontinental routes between Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO), as well as Boston (BOS) to SFO, passengers in the business-class cabin will instead get a goodie-filled Saks Fifth Avenue cloth pouch.
The pouch contains an eye mask, earplugs, toothpaste, toothbrush, lip balm and a pack of hand sanitizer.
While the contents haven’t changed much, it’s nice to see United shaking things up on the amenity kit front, continuing its collaboration with Saks Fifth Avenue, which also provides the much-raved-about bedding that’s offered in first and business class. United’s planning a soft rollout for the new kits — do expect to see these onboard within the next few weeks as they’re progressively introduced across the fleet.
The Polaris rebrand, while it hasn’t been a total game changer, has definitely improved the inflight experience for premium travelers. We definitely do recommend booking yourself on United’s 777-300ER (77W) to experience their newest lie-flat seats, as TPG Editor-In-Chief Zach Honig did from Hong Kong (HKG) to San Francisco (SFO).
What do you think of these new amenity kits? Comment and let us know, below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees