This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since we first went to Accra, Ghana a few years ago, PeaceJam’s presence in the city has grown tremendously. The kids there have really embraced the program; more than 500 students will come to our PeaceJam conference this year — it’s incredibly inspiring to see the response.
So I’m extremely excited that we’ll be returning to Accra next week for the annual conference — it’s my third time going. During every visit, I enjoy seeing how the organization has grown and what the kids have been up to in the meantime. We’ve captured some of the culture in our posts and videos; highlights are below.
Check out all of our past Ghana experiences:
Visiting PeaceJam in Accra, Ghana
An Incredible Weekend in Ghana With PeaceJam
Boxing in Accra, Ghana
Visiting PeaceJam Ghana and Checking in With the Village Where I’m a Traditional Chief
Accra Mövenpick Hotel Review & Fantasy Coffins
Review: Delta One (767-300) from New York to Accra, Ghana
Review: The Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, Ghana
I know there are a lot of TPG readers who live in and around Accra — because I’ve met a few of you on each of my trips. If you live in Ghana and want to check out what PeaceJam is all about or if you own a business and would like to get involved with the cause, reach out to our Marketing and Events Manager, Becca Denenberg at email@example.com.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees