We’re Going Back to Ghana
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since we first went to Accra, Ghana a few years ago, PeaceJam’s presence in the city has grown tremendously. The kids there have really embraced the program; more than 500 students will come to our PeaceJam conference this year — it’s incredibly inspiring to see the response.
So I’m extremely excited that we’ll be returning to Accra next week for the annual conference — it’s my third time going. During every visit, I enjoy seeing how the organization has grown and what the kids have been up to in the meantime. We’ve captured some of the culture in our posts and videos; highlights are below.
Check out all of our past Ghana experiences:
Visiting PeaceJam in Accra, Ghana
An Incredible Weekend in Ghana With PeaceJam
Boxing in Accra, Ghana
Visiting PeaceJam Ghana and Checking in With the Village Where I’m a Traditional Chief
Accra Mövenpick Hotel Review & Fantasy Coffins
Review: Delta One (767-300) from New York to Accra, Ghana
Review: The Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, Ghana
I know there are a lot of TPG readers who live in and around Accra — because I’ve met a few of you on each of my trips. If you live in Ghana and want to check out what PeaceJam is all about or if you own a business and would like to get involved with the cause, reach out to our Marketing and Events Manager, Becca Denenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees