This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since we first went to Accra, Ghana a few years ago, PeaceJam’s presence in the city has grown tremendously. The kids there have really embraced the program; more than 500 students will come to our PeaceJam conference this year — it’s incredibly inspiring to see the response.
So I’m extremely excited that we’ll be returning to Accra next week for the annual conference — it’s my third time going. During every visit, I enjoy seeing how the organization has grown and what the kids have been up to in the meantime. We’ve captured some of the culture in our posts and videos; highlights are below.
Check out all of our past Ghana experiences:
Visiting PeaceJam in Accra, Ghana
An Incredible Weekend in Ghana With PeaceJam
Boxing in Accra, Ghana
Visiting PeaceJam Ghana and Checking in With the Village Where I’m a Traditional Chief
Accra Mövenpick Hotel Review & Fantasy Coffins
Review: Delta One (767-300) from New York to Accra, Ghana
Review: The Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, Ghana
I know there are a lot of TPG readers who live in and around Accra — because I’ve met a few of you on each of my trips. If you live in Ghana and want to check out what PeaceJam is all about or if you own a business and would like to get involved with the cause, reach out to our Marketing and Events Manager, Becca Denenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards