American Airlines Expands Free Booze Beyond Wine and Beer on Select Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ continues to roll out improvements in its catering department. Earlier this month, the carrier changed its meals on Japan-bound flights to offer Japan Airlines bento boxes, and most recently, the carrier expanded its special meals offering. Now, we’re getting some good news on the beverage side.
As JonNYC reports, American is now going to offer passengers complimentary spirits on select flights. As detailed on AA’s website, passengers will have access to free spirits on flights to and from Japan, Sydney (SYD) and Auckland (AKL). Only wine and beer are complimentary on flights to and from Europe, Asia and select Latin American destinations.
To compare, Delta offers a selection of complimentary wine, beer and spirits on most international long-haul routes and select domestic routes. United offers complimentary beer and house wine on long-haul flight between the US and Africa, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Europe, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, the Middle East and Taiwan. However, spirits are not complimentary and must be purchased separately.
Even though they’re not available on all long-haul routes, including free spirits on certain long-haul routes is a step in the right direction and will certainly help the hours go by quicker.
Featured image courtesy of ColorBlind Images via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.