American Airlines Expands Free Booze Beyond Wine and Beer on Select Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ continues to roll out improvements in its catering department. Earlier this month, the carrier changed its meals on Japan-bound flights to offer Japan Airlines bento boxes, and most recently, the carrier expanded its special meals offering. Now, we’re getting some good news on the beverage side.
As JonNYC reports, American is now going to offer passengers complimentary spirits on select flights. As detailed on AA’s website, passengers will have access to free spirits on flights to and from Japan, Sydney (SYD) and Auckland (AKL). Only wine and beer are complimentary on flights to and from Europe, Asia and select Latin American destinations.
To compare, Delta offers a selection of complimentary wine, beer and spirits on most international long-haul routes and select domestic routes. United offers complimentary beer and house wine on long-haul flight between the US and Africa, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Europe, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, the Middle East and Taiwan. However, spirits are not complimentary and must be purchased separately.
Even though they’re not available on all long-haul routes, including free spirits on certain long-haul routes is a step in the right direction and will certainly help the hours go by quicker.
Featured image courtesy of ColorBlind Images via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.