You Could Win an Eco-Friendly Hotel in Ecuador for Just $29
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After traveling for a year in South America, Rebecca and Doug Greenshields, who originally hail from New Zealand and Australia, were not ready to return to their normal nine-to-fives. Instead, the adventurous pair, who had previously worked as a statistician (Rebecca) and a farmer (Doug) decided to open an eco-friendly hotel in Ecuador.
The couple knew there was a lack of affordable eco-friendly accommodations in Ecuador so they decided to enter the market. After buying the hotel, named La Casa Verde, for $80,000, they put a few thousand dollars more into the hotel in order to complete it.
The 11-room lodge was officially opened in 2009 and was eventually deemed the third most romantic hotel in Ecuador on Tripadvisor. The couple, who have successfully run the lodge for the past eight years, have decided to move back to Australia to be closer to their family. Instead of selling the property, the family is auctioning off their small paradise for just $29 per raffle ticket. The family has decided on the unconventional way of passing on their property so that someone who may not otherwise have had this opportunity could get the chance to experience life abroad.
On top of winning the hotel, the lucky raffle victors will also take home $10,000. The draw will take place on May 31 at 9pm GMT (5pm EST) and raffle tickets can be purchased at this website. If you happen to enter and win, just remember who gave you this tip (because a TPG team retreat to Ecuador sounds pretty great). Good luck!
Featured image courtesy of La Casa Verde.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees