You Could Win an Eco-Friendly Hotel in Ecuador for Just $29
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After traveling for a year in South America, Rebecca and Doug Greenshields, who originally hail from New Zealand and Australia, were not ready to return to their normal nine-to-fives. Instead, the adventurous pair, who had previously worked as a statistician (Rebecca) and a farmer (Doug) decided to open an eco-friendly hotel in Ecuador.
The couple knew there was a lack of affordable eco-friendly accommodations in Ecuador so they decided to enter the market. After buying the hotel, named La Casa Verde, for $80,000, they put a few thousand dollars more into the hotel in order to complete it.
The 11-room lodge was officially opened in 2009 and was eventually deemed the third most romantic hotel in Ecuador on Tripadvisor. The couple, who have successfully run the lodge for the past eight years, have decided to move back to Australia to be closer to their family. Instead of selling the property, the family is auctioning off their small paradise for just $29 per raffle ticket. The family has decided on the unconventional way of passing on their property so that someone who may not otherwise have had this opportunity could get the chance to experience life abroad.
On top of winning the hotel, the lucky raffle victors will also take home $10,000. The draw will take place on May 31 at 9pm GMT (5pm EST) and raffle tickets can be purchased at this website. If you happen to enter and win, just remember who gave you this tip (because a TPG team retreat to Ecuador sounds pretty great). Good luck!
Featured image courtesy of La Casa Verde.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.