Deal Alert: US Cities to Europe From $363 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’ve been seeing a lot of great deals to Europe lately, even on full service carriers, and today is no exception. This time it’s Delta offering low prices to a wide variety of European countries. Right now you can find flights from multiple US cities to Zurich (ZRH), Vienna (VIE), Brussels (BRU), Berlin (TXL) and even Luxembourg (LUX) starting as low as $363 round-trip.
Availability for this sale will depend on the route, but you’ll want to look mostly in the fall and winter months of September through December. However, you can also find some departures in August, so don’t count out a late summer trip. Airfares vary from the mid-$300’s to the mid-$400’s depending on the route, but we’re seeing itineraries departing from all over the US, including New York/Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), Miami (MIA), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO).
You don’t need any tricks to get these prices, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want and then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself. Most of these itineraries have one reasonable connection either stateside or in cities like Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS), and some of them will put you on Delta codeshare partners like Air France or KLM. Regardless, since these are international trips on full service carriers, you’ll get your first checked bag free and even a complimentary meal during the flight.
Airlines: Delta Airlines (with some partner codeshares)
Routes: MIA/LAX/BOS/SFO/NYC to ZRH/VIE/BRU/TXL/LUX
Cost: $363+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August-December 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) in August for $363 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Luxembourg (LUX) in November for $381 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Brussels, Belgium (BRU) in September for $382 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Brussels (BRU) in September for $382 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Berlin, Germany (TXL) in October for $442 round-trip:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Vienna, Austria (VIE) in December for $444 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured image of Berlin courtesy of RICOWde/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees