Deal Alert: US Cities to Europe From $363 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’ve been seeing a lot of great deals to Europe lately, even on full service carriers, and today is no exception. This time it’s Delta offering low prices to a wide variety of European countries. Right now you can find flights from multiple US cities to Zurich (ZRH), Vienna (VIE), Brussels (BRU), Berlin (TXL) and even Luxembourg (LUX) starting as low as $363 round-trip.
Availability for this sale will depend on the route, but you’ll want to look mostly in the fall and winter months of September through December. However, you can also find some departures in August, so don’t count out a late summer trip. Airfares vary from the mid-$300’s to the mid-$400’s depending on the route, but we’re seeing itineraries departing from all over the US, including New York/Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), Miami (MIA), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO).
You don’t need any tricks to get these prices, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want and then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself. Most of these itineraries have one reasonable connection either stateside or in cities like Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS), and some of them will put you on Delta codeshare partners like Air France or KLM. Regardless, since these are international trips on full service carriers, you’ll get your first checked bag free and even a complimentary meal during the flight.
Airlines: Delta Airlines (with some partner codeshares)
Routes: MIA/LAX/BOS/SFO/NYC to ZRH/VIE/BRU/TXL/LUX
Cost: $363+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August-December 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) in August for $363 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Luxembourg (LUX) in November for $381 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Brussels, Belgium (BRU) in September for $382 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Brussels (BRU) in September for $382 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Berlin, Germany (TXL) in October for $442 round-trip:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Vienna, Austria (VIE) in December for $444 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured image of Berlin courtesy of RICOWde/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.