Get up to 80,000 Bonus Points for Referrals With the Hilton Surpass Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
Through May 31, you can sign up for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, which comes with a record-high sign-up bonus of 100,000 Honors points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll earn 12x points on Hilton purchases, 6x points on US restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on everything else. But the earning doesn’t have to end there. If you’re a cardholder, you can refer a friend to sign up for the card, and if they’re approved, you’ll get an additional 25,000 points.
If you have the Surpass Card, you should be able to log in to your American Express account from this link and see the option to refer a friend. From there, you’ll just enter the friend’s information, they’ll receive an email with the details and if their application is successful, you’ll get the 25,000 bonus points.
Note that there’s a maximum of 80,000 bonus points from referrals each year, meaning you can refer three friends who are successfully approved for 25,000 points each, and for the fourth successful referral you’ll get 5,000 points. So, with the sign-up bonus and the referral bonus, you can earn a maximum of 180,000 points — worth $1,080 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. And that’s not including any points you get for spend.
For a card with an annual fee of just $75, this offer represents a pretty great value. In addition to all of the point earning, you’ll also get complimentary Gold status (worth $980 for 2017 according to our analysis) as long as you’re a cardholder with the opportunity to upgrade to Diamond status (worth $2,030 in 2017) if you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year. Finally, after your first anniversary of being a cardholder, you’ll earn a free weekend night award. Keep in mind that if you want to take advantage of this record-high sign-up bonus and the chance to earn up to 80,000 points in referrals, you’ll need to do so by May 31.
Featured image courtesy of the DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.