This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
Through May 31, you can sign up for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, which comes with a record-high sign-up bonus of 100,000 Honors points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll earn 12x points on Hilton purchases, 6x points on US restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on everything else. But the earning doesn’t have to end there. If you’re a cardholder, you can refer a friend to sign up for the card, and if they’re approved, you’ll get an additional 25,000 points.
If you have the Surpass Card, you should be able to log in to your American Express account from this link and see the option to refer a friend. From there, you’ll just enter the friend’s information, they’ll receive an email with the details and if their application is successful, you’ll get the 25,000 bonus points.
Note that there’s a maximum of 80,000 bonus points from referrals each year, meaning you can refer three friends who are successfully approved for 25,000 points each, and for the fourth successful referral you’ll get 5,000 points. So, with the sign-up bonus and the referral bonus, you can earn a maximum of 180,000 points — worth $1,080 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. And that’s not including any points you get for spend.
For a card with an annual fee of just $75, this offer represents a pretty great value. In addition to all of the point earning, you’ll also get complimentary Gold status (worth $980 for 2017 according to our analysis) as long as you’re a cardholder with the opportunity to upgrade to Diamond status (worth $2,030 in 2017) if you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year. Finally, after your first anniversary of being a cardholder, you’ll earn a free weekend night award. Keep in mind that if you want to take advantage of this record-high sign-up bonus and the chance to earn up to 80,000 points in referrals, you’ll need to do so by May 31.
Featured image courtesy of the DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards