Instagram’s Latest Feature Will Let You Book Reservations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there: you’re casually scrolling through Instagram when you come across a photo of a mouthwatering meal at a trendy brunch spot — or a funky restaurant or bar — that you now feel the need to check out so you can post your picture from it. Well, Instagram is about to make it a little easier for you to get there.
A new feature will begin rolling out over the next few months, allowing users to book appointments and make reservations with businesses directly through the app. Think of it like this: after double tapping your friend’s delicious-looking photo of her eggs Benedict brunch plate, you can visit the restaurant’s Instagram page, where there will soon be an option to make your own reservation. How easy is that?
According to Bloomberg, more than eight million businesses currently have pages on Instagram, so the new feature, if rolled out properly, could bring about some major competition with other booking apps like Yelp and OpenTable. The social media giant has also recently released its popular photo albums feature, as well as a slew of other Snapchat-like additions.
Featured image courtesy of Thomas Coex via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.